Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Implanon implant Rss

Hi everyone,
has anyone out there tried the implanon implant? I had one put in when the twins were 3 months old, they are now almost 12 months old.
I was told when I got it that it can take a while to settle down, and can cause erratic bleeding, bloating, fluid retention....basically PMT symptoms until everything sorts itself out.
Well, 9 LONG months later (!!) I am still bleeding almost everyday despite my doctor putting me on the pill as well to try and stop the bleeding, and I pretty much feel like I have PMT full time! And the constant bleeding is not helping relations with my husband either, although he is very supportive about it all.
I am thinking about having the implant taken out but some people say it can take a while to settle down.
I was wondering if anyone out there has gone through this for so long, to have the implant finally settle down? I really like the idea of not worrying about taking pills everyday, and have never had a lot of luck with the pill sorting out PMT or heavy bleeding anyway.
Has anyone else found a form of the pill or another birth control that works well? IE Merrina or other implants? The pill has been a bane of my life for 15 years but I DO NOT want to get pregnant again. Any advice would be great!

Cate, SA Twins are 1!!!

i had the implant put in at 9weeks, i bled for 4 and ahalf weeks out of the next 5.

i got ti taken out, and am now using condoms.....not a solution, as i dont want to take medications like the pill. sorry i cant help. i think they should make some more contraception up, because half the time we dont use the condoms...........no, we dont want another baby yet.
I had it, and had it taken out 3 months later, imo its crap! i had a reaction to it, just like i react to all hormone related contraceptives and all condoms, hance the reason why i have 3 kids at the ripe old age of 23 and am having my tubes done next year!
ive heard wonderful things about the mirena, but what i really think is needed is a male pill!!!

Charlie 5, Imee 3, Laura 13mths, and ttc #4!

I was going to get it done but now hearing that I think that I will just stay with the condoms and the pill.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

hi
i had the merrina implant what a nightmare worst 8 weeks of my life. I had heavy bleeding, mood swings and it was painful when we had sex. I have just had it taken out and going to have my tubes tried for the second time around as we are not having anymore children. But I do know people that havent had a problem its time the men had to take the pill we have the babys good luck

KAREN - R 16/94 M 31/96 L 8/04 L 12/06

Sign in to follow this topic