Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Wrong Sex - Boy not girl Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone else has been misdiagnosed before (as far as the sex of the baby goes?)

I was told by a very good scan man (yes I belive that is the technical term) that we were expecting a girl, so me being me....decided to name the baby Holly, told everyone, and often had big chats to her the last 4 months of my pregnancy. So you can imagine the surprise when my daughter arrives with a wee wee. WOAH! What do you mean it's a boy? Are you kidding? Where's Holly? Is there another one in there?

Just wondering if any one else has experienced this cause every now and then I feel as though a little person is missing.......although my son Flynn is the absolute apple of my eye.....Holly is still missing.

Is it Crazy to feel this way?

Kylie and Flynn 02.02.05

i feel for u. it happened to my good friend it took her a while to ajust to it all as u would know it was a big shock after buying all the nice pretty girl stuff and having not alot to dress the little guy in thats not pink or purple it was hard for her we all know it was after telling everyone " its a girl" but what she has always said was im so happy we have a healthy baby that we love. so do feel crazy !smile

mum of peter 25/12/04

We were told by the "scan man" ( wink ) that we were having two boys. I never for a moment thought that they can get it wrong these days with all that high tech equipment, and never asked to reconfirm in later scans. So when they pulled out the first baby (I had a c-sect) and said "It's a girl", we were like .. whaaaa? Are you sure? My first thought was, "Oh, no, he has such a small w*lly that they think he's a girl". But no, it was a girl. Well, for us, that was the best mistake anyone could have made - a girl and a boy, just what we ordered.

Twins' Mum, VIC, E & A born 4/04

clueless, WOW, I have a 5 month old baby Flynn aswell. When was yours born???

I really didn't go much on the name to start with, it was hubby's choice. He had the name picked from the start, I eventually gave in and let him name him.

I'm getting use to it and it does suit him. Isn't it funny how you pick an unusual name and then all of a sudden you find heaps of other babies with the same name...

THe scan got it right with Flynn. THey told me it was a boy right from the start. But i was secretly hoping it was a girl..

Laneisa, QLD, 5 kids + baby Flynn 24/02/05

hi there the same thing happen to me we got told by the scan man that we were having a girl the name was going to be emily i also spoke to my tummy and called her by her name and i used to image that life with a girl was our dreams.my work mates put a basket of stuff together(girls things) a friend even brought a bluebird brouch with emily on it.so can u image our faces when a little boy came out my dad was shocked coz he thought he was getting a 2nd g/daughter but instead ended up with a number 13 g/son.im just lucky that i didnt by all pink.
thomas is my whole world now i wouldnt give him up for anything

dont feel crazy coz i feel like emily is missing

my first baby son
Thomas born 11/2/05
Sign in to follow this topic