Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Mini Pill Lock Rss

Hi All

I am currently still breastfeeding my 7 & 1/2 month old, so I am on the mini pill, however, I find that I will spot throughout the cycle or have 2 periods. Is this not supposed to happen? I'm getting a bit worried.

If anyone can give me some advice that would be great.

Thanks

Skye

mum to Ty and Georgia

how long have you been taking the pill? sometimes it can be an adjustment thing. i spotted for the first 3 months when i first started on noriday before everything went back to normal but if it isn't usual for you maybe you need to see your doctor to try a different pill or just to make sure it is normal.
hope this helps,
mel

mel, ella jasmine 13/06/04 & benjamin tyler 6/8/06

I commenced the mini pill just over aweek ago and got a light period a couple of days ago. I figured this is probably normal as I have used single hormone contraceptives before and had eratic periods - whilst I was on implanon I had two periods with in a week of each other and then nothing for a couple of months and then the pattern continued, only I couldn't predict when it would come! Chances are it's normal but I'd see the doc anyway - more for your peace of mind. Also if the unpredictability is a pain they may be able to change the prescription. (maybe).

Hope it clears up for you.

Logan 03/05/05 Lily 06/11/06

Skye, I can't help with advice, but I can say you aren't the only one! I was getting a "period" every weekend lasting for 2 days. I eventually decided not to use it anymore and went for condoms instead (much to hubby disgust!!) After giving up B/F I went back on to the pill I used before falling. It was a pain in the bum, as I was never sure when it would show up and was constantly wearing a pad just in case.

Hope you can get some answers from the doc!

DD1 July 2004 DD2 August 2007 DS September 2009

Sign in to follow this topic