Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 10 1/2 waking at night.

10 1/2 waking at night. Rss

Hi,

My 10.5month old son was sleeping from 8pm to 5 - 5.30am with a rollover feed btwn 10-11pm. We decided a couple of weeks ago not to wake him for that feed. But now he is waking anything from 11-3am. Before we could go in & settle him by putting his dummy & giving him a pat on the bum/back. But now when we do this all hell breaks loose. In the end the only thing that settles him down is giving him a bottle (240water but only 2scoops).
Does anyone else have or had a similar situation.
We both feel that at this age he should be sleeping thru.
Maybe I have created a bad habit by giving him that bottle.
Any ideas would be fantastic.

Michelle, mum to Corey 14/3/03 - Bankstown

Hi I dont think you have created a bad habit with the bottle, My daughter woke for a night bottle till she was 11 months and there was no other way to settle her so we kept giving her a bottle when she woke up and eventually slept through on her own, occasionally she would wake and I would give her a bottle and now for the past month (she is 1) she sleeps through every night.

I found that if she knew we would come and give her a bottle when she woke up she felt more comfortable about going to bed and sleeping through as she knew her bottle ws there if she needed it.

I know its hard work but he will sleep through when he's ready.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

my 11 month old is having the same problem she was sleeping from 6.30 - 6 but the last 4 nights she has been waking every 3 hours! I'm not sure why. Sometimes I give her a bottle to get her back to sleep or a just rock her. I also would like any ideas.

Jamie 9 weeks

Sign in to follow this topic