Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

basinet to cot Lock Rss

How do I make the transition from cot from basinet. Bubs is now 14wks old and we need to move her to her cot as she is outgrowing her basinet. She is a really good sleeper and mostly sleeps 7.30pm to 6am. I don't want to move her and have it mean broken nights sleep.

Bess, NZ baby girl 01 July 2005

Hi Bess

Maybe for starters just try putting her in her cot for day sleeps and when she's used to that go for the night sleeps as well - that's what I did with both of my children and it worked pretty well. Also put a blanket or sheet from her bassinet in the cot so it has a familiar smell. Hope this helps.

Take care
Jasmine
A friend put the baby in the basinet, in the actual cot for a bit. I thought that was a really clever idea. She said that there was no problem in the transition from basinet to cot. I imagine that her DD was familiar with the room, cot, smell etc so didn't notice the change. You never know with these things, could just be lucky - but worth a mention all the same. Good luck - its such a 'big step' for mummy's too.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I'm trying to do the same thing, I put my 8 week old in the cot during the day but he definately doesn't sleep as well as in the crib, I'm persisting and slowly he sleeps for a bit longer each time! I hope to have him in his cot in another few weeks as he is almost grown out of his crib he's now 60 cm long and almost 6 kgs! I figure if I allow a few weeks for the transition he'll keep to his usual night time routine of sleeping through the night! I can only hope!

Bianca, vic, David 9/8/05, Alexandra 6/5/96

Sign in to follow this topic