Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Refusing to sleep Lock Rss

Hi
My son is now 6 months old and simply refuses to sleep during the day - which results in a very tired grumpy little boy by the evening.
He started out with quite bad reflux, and burned his throat from vomitting so often (now all sorted due to medication) but he has got into the habit of not sleeping. The one exception is (sometimes) when he's in the car during the day.
When he does sleep at night it's only after being breast-fed and cuddled. He's okay once asleep and if he wakes at night he plays happily with his toys before putting himself back to sleep.
Any suggestions about how to get him to sleep during the day without driving all over Auckland or how to settle him at night without having to feed and cuddle him for ages?
(I don't mind cuddling him now, but I can see it will become a major problem if I don't break that habit pretty soon!)
Thanks
sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but i have a few suggestion as my son hasnt slept much at all today!

We cuddled on a sway/rocking chair. I wrapped him, i half wrapped him, i tried the fan spun it around a few times while he watched it his eyes were very sleepy. I put him outside in the walker to overstimulate him make him tired a bit, let him watch tv, fed him, changed his nappy. None of this worked. I think the reason it didnt work was because he just needed a good cry, i put him to bed finally after trying a dozen times and he eventually cried and cried while i was on the phone for 35minutes and eventually went to sleep for 2 1/2hours. Let him cry is the answer. Just try he will learn, and get so tired that he will eventually go to sleep. Just give a bit of water in between so not dehydrated!

Goodluck www.mumsgroup.tk

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Sign in to follow this topic