Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. DAY sleep, how many does your baby have?

DAY sleep, how many does your baby have? Lock Rss

hi all,
Just interested to know what age your baby is and how many sleeps they have during the day.

At the moment, Kayden is 8months and is having 2 sleeps through the day the morning one is about 2hours and the after noon one is only about 45mins! i wish it was the other way around so i could go out in the morning like i used to be able to. Now i have to wait all day until i can go out in the afternoon.

Before and after this age if fine! i would just like to compare, mainly find out if i can maybe push for him to have a proper sleep in the afternoon. rather than a cat nap of 45mins coz he then stays up until its bed time at 7 -7.30 and its about 5hours between... www.mumsgroup.tk

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

hi, my boy is 14 months, He has 1 day sleep, bout 12-2/3. I changed him at 10 months as he was fighting his faternoon sleep and catnapping if he did sleep or going down way too late. his bed time is 7 pm. He is up 5 hours either side of a sleep and sometiem its gets too much but he wont have 2 sleeps so i have to deal with it and sometime we just shift it all an hour earlier and have an early bed time.

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Mia has 2 sleeps - first one at around 8:30-9am for 2 hours and then again around 1pm for 1.5/2 hours. Sometimes she will have a 'nanna nap' for 40 minutes late in the arvo.

Just discovered that my biggest mistake was not seeing the tired signs but rather watching the clock for the 2 hours 'up' time to run out! Since watching for the eye rubbing and yawning and putting her down when I see them, she is sleeping much much better.

Before realising this Mia would have 3 sleeps of 50 minutes. Not even enough time for me to have a proper shower (hair wash - occassional shave of legs).

The book from Ngala says that 2 - 2.5 hours is enough 'up' time for a 6-12 month old baby. Low and behold it works for me.

AND she goes to bed at 7pm - 6:30am regardless of what she has slept during the day!

My 5 month old use to only sleep 45 minutes at a time during the day. Now she has one long sleep a day (1.5 to 3 hours) and one or two short sleeps (30 to 45 minutes). She gets up around 6:30 or 7:30am and goes to bed about 6:30pm. She has slept through the night for the last fortnight.

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

Sign in to follow this topic