Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

4:30 am Rss

Please help!! My son sleeps great through the night often from 7:30 - 4:30 without a peep, but come 4:30 is ready and raring to play. He is 9 months old and this happens if he has had a good night or a bad night (up 3-4 times resettling). He sleeps well during the day and is very active, I am finding that in order to get him to sleep until 6am I take him back to bed with me and we snuggle, which is not a good habit. If left in his cot, he will scream for up to an hour, even if he has something to play with. Any ideas?

Kimberly, QLD

I doubt i will be of help to u as my baby girl sleeps with me and her daddy every night and has done everynight since she was born (on myside on the outside)... and i find that this is the best way to get a good night sleep.. she goes to bed at 7:30 also (most nights!!) and wakes anytime from 2:30am onwards and after a breastfeed she will either fall asleep on the breast or i will just lay her down beside me and she will doze off herself soon after.. i find that by keeping the room dark she is learning that the dark timeis sleep time not play time....our first born daughter also slept with us from 3 mths of age and went straight into her own bed in her own room at 18 mths so when people say i am starting bad habits i just smile and know that i am doing what is best for us..not them....good luck!!

Kel,nsw, Girl '97 & Girl '02 & Boy '05

hi my son is 7months and he sleeps from about 7.30pm to about 6am and we put him straight in with us and he sleeps that bit longer. if he was to wake up earlier, again in with us. I say so what let him sleep with us soon enough he will sleep in and we will miss seeing his gorgeous little face first thing in morn. ( I won't miss being woken up by some little fingers yanking on my hair or grabbing at my nose and lips)
just a quick question first how many sleeps is he having during the day? how long is he sleeping for in those sleeps?
My son started sleeping through at about 6-7 weeks, but prior to that he started sleeping from about 6pm to 2-3am. I found that once I changed my routine slightly and kept him awake for a little bit longer and topped him up at 9ish he slept all the way through until 8-9 in the morning. It is now pretty much routine. He wants his last feed at about 9 or 10 and then sleeps through until about 7-9 in the morning. And yes, if he wakes up at about 6 or 7, then into the bed with me for another hour or two and we both get the sleep we need. I know people say don't put them in bed with you, but you need your sleep and he doesn't need it every morning, but sometimes it's hard to tell whether he has a pain in the belly, or is cold or just not settled. He soon goes back to sleep after a few pats on the bum. If he was hungry you would know it. Mind you, mine doesn't do much more than nap during the day. Quite often, when he does wake up in the morning (at 8 or 9) it is his talking to himself that wakes me up, whether in the cot or in bed with me. He certainly isn't desperate for food.
Hi,

My name is Sarah. I so know how you feel with the baby sleeping pattern, yet you are so lucky he sleeps from 7:30 - 4:30

My opion is, you put him in bet maybe round 8:30 or 9:30 he will still sleep the same amount of time, yet wont be waking up so early...

I have a problem wif my son, he goes to bed at 11pm by about 2 or 3 am he will wake up an want to play for a couple hours, an i have to do the same thing by snuggling with him. I havn't had a good sleep since before i was pregnant. He sleeping pattern always changes, an sumtimes makes me angry, like when it gets to 5, 6, even 7 in the monrning. There are just times he wont sleep. And his pattern always changes, so i can never slip into a sleeping routine to fit into his :0(

Other than the sleeping he is a perfect baby.

Sarah, Vic

Ange

You must be in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Touch wood your bub stays that way - and rubs off on mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy dreaming.....................

Jackie

Jackie, Nicholas 5.5yrs, Annaliese, 4 yrs

Sign in to follow this topic