Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. When to stop wrapping

When to stop wrapping Lock Rss

I have a 3 1/2 month old and wanted to find out at what age people stopped wrapping their babies. What did you then dress them in for nighttime sleeps?

Thanks
Tammy

Lifes full of challenges

Hi Tammy
I stopped wrapping my boy about 3.5 - 4 mths and moved him into a grobag at night. Sometimes during the day now I wrap his legs only (if he is really hard to settle) plus it stops him putting his feet straight up in the air, but at night he is in his sleeping bag. We started by leaving one arm out (the one he liked to suck his thumb on) then the other about a week later until he was ok with both arms out, then the grobag. There are lots of people who wrap their bubs for months and months, a friend of mine still wraps and her bub is 10 months....whatever works for a good nights sleep I suppose. I stopped wrapping cause bub was rolling over in cot and I didnt want him to get caught up in it.
Hope this helps

Mummy to Joe and Maggie

I stopped wrapping my DD from 6 months, probably one of the hardest things I've done so far. I also stopped dummies at the same time, a rough week - but worth it all now.

I kept her in the same wonder suits but put an extra blanket over her (it was still cold then). Now its much hotter I have her in summer suits or singlet and nappy with one blanket.

The other drama at the moment is she is rolling all over the place, particularly in her cot. It seems that you get over one hurdle and there is another one just around the corner. ha ha ha

Good luck ! I recommend the gradual unwrapping as suggested to me from ladies on this site. I did it bit by bit over about a week and DD adjusted quite well.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi

I'm new to this site - can't believe how much helpful information it has.

I have a 6 1/2 mth old baby girl and am currently debating the same thing - when to stop wrapping and how, especially now it's warmer weather.

She also takes the dummy so the few times I've tried an arm out, she keeps knocking the dummy out of her mouth and then waking up. We're also trying to figure out about weaning off the dummy too - trouble is she often wakes 5 or more times a night looking for it.

Any suggestions welcome

Ta

Debbie, Taylah 24/4/05

I still wrap my 4 1/2 month old....she finds it settling and knows that it is time for sleep. If it is a particularly hot night, I will unwrap her when she is fast asleep. At the moment she just sleeps in a vest. My first daughter wasn't wrapped at all and it was often difficult to settle her, I wished I'd wrapped her!! I have a friend who is a nanny and both of the girls she cared for were wrapped and still found it comforting at 24+ months so I wouldn't worry about when to quit.

Kirsten, NZ, Ella 02.10.1997, Gabrielle 20.06.2005

Hi Tammy,
My babay is just gone 4 months and I stopped wrappinh him about a week ago and his fine now, and he loved to be wrapped. I dress him in depending on how hot it is in the house which it is usually a good temp. I dress him in cotton Pyjamas some nights if its cool if not those all in one suits (cotton) with long arms and i put socks on his feet. As he uncovers himself all the time.
I hope thats helped
Bye Michelle

Brady NSW 4mth

Hi Tammy

I am still wrapping my 4 mth old. It is part of our settling routine and as soon as she is wrapped she relaxes and I think she knows it is time for sleep. I wrapped my eldest daughter until she was almost 1yo - had to use a single bed sheet in the end! She just wouldn't settle without being wrapped, although I would wrap with her arms out from about 6 mths. I think its a personal choice and what you work out your baby wants. My SIL stopped wrapping her baby at 6 weeks and I have a friend who wrapped her son until he was 2 1/2.

Michelle,SA,DD1 4 yo, DD2 9/8/05

Sign in to follow this topic