Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. When to stop dream feed?

When to stop dream feed? Rss

Hi All, Was just wondering how you know when bubs is ready to drop the 11pm dream feed? My boy is nearly 5 months and I wake him between 10:30pm and 11pm for a "top-up" feed and was wondering when others stopped doing this. He is in bed asleep by 7pm and then I get him up for the top-up feed and he's back down whithin 15 - 20 min. He has only slept through from this feed twice. Just wondering what others have done. Many thanks from a first time mum!

Take Care

Emma & Jayden, WA

Hi Emma

My son started sleeping through from 7pm when he was 9 weeks old, I started off waking him for a feed at around 10 or 11 but he would be too sleepy to feed anyway. I asked the nurse if I should continue with the late feed and she said not to worry about it unless he woke up by himself and was hungry. So I just left it up to him, occasionally he would wake up but most of the time he would sleep through until 5 or 6am. If he needs it he'll wake up himself. Hope this helps.

Jasmine
Hi, my little man finally stopped the 11pm feed at around 7 months. He use to wake for this feed himself, then sleep through till about 6-7. He also goes down at 7pm. What happens if you don't wake your bubs for a feed - Will he wake later on anyway and need one? Each baby is differant when it comes to dropping the night feed. I am a first time mum too - and all is trial and error. My little man dropped the night feed, but still does not sleep through. Generally I am up 1-2 (or 6) times a night just to pop the dummy back in and resettle him. One day I am hoping he will sleep through - although it may take awile before I will sleep through the night. Good luck.

Deena NZ New mum

Sign in to follow this topic