Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How long are your baby's day sleeps and awake time?

How long are your baby's day sleeps and awake time? Lock Rss

Out of curiosity, I'm just wondering how long other people's babies sleep for during the day and how long their awake times are between day sleeps? I have a 7 month old daughter who use to be a nightmare with her day sleeps (40 mins max). Now she has at least an hour and a half in the morning, and either one more sleep that day of about an hour and a half, or two more sleeps that are about 45 minutes. It use to be unusual when she slept longer than an hour. Now it's unusual if she sleeps less than an hour (unless it's a late arvo nap). Sometimes she sleeps for 2 or 3 hours in one sleep! Her awake time between day sleeps has become about 2.5 to 3 hours each time and she is happy during this time.

WA, daughters born May 2005 and June 2007

My DD does the 2x2 now - works really well. She wakes for the day about 8am. Has her morning nap between 10-12pm and an afternoon nap between 2-4pm. She usually sleeps two hours but if wakes early, I leave her in her cot playing.

I am really lucky in that I don't have many commitments or other kiddies to care for. It means I can tailor our chores/outings around her sleeps so its a fairly constant routine.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

my son is six months old and is a nightmare when it comes to day sleeps. If im lucky he will sleep for about 30 mins in the morning, another 30 mins around lunch time and then about 45 mins in the afternoon then he will wake up another 3 to 4 times during the night.

Katrina (ryan 28/05/05) QLD

Sign in to follow this topic