Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

bizarre wakeups! Lock Rss

Hi everyone

Olivia has just turned 8 months. She has been going to bed at around 6pm, then without fail would wake somewhere around 9-9.30pm for a final feed, then i often wouldn't hear a peep till maybe 3.30am or if i was lucky even 6 or 6.30am. If my usual settling techniques didn't work at 3.30 i would offer a feed and if she had a biiiiiiig drink i gathered that maybe she was needing it (maybe not??)

I have found these last few nights that she has been waking a LOT (3-7 times a night), often after crawling around the cot, although sometimes she's still in teh middle but crying with her eyes shut.

She is on 3 solids meals a day and breastfeeding 5 or 6 times a day (including the 9.30pm and maybe 3.30am feeds), has 4 teeth and no signs of other teeth coming through. She weighs 7.7kg and is a happy baby.

is this happening to anyone??? i thought the days of getting up more than once a night were over.

looking forward to any advice.
thanks
susan

Susan, Sydney, 12/4/05 baby

I don't like to see threads with no responses. I was particularly interested in what advice you receive for this one too. I have to say I really like the name Olivia, very pretty.

I have to say 7 times a night is a lot, how do you cope? Has she settled down since or are you still fighting the sleep battle?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

hey susan,
my son sounds the same...hes 4months, he goes 2 bed 6pm everynight, then i wake him for a 10pm feed, then up around 3am for a feed,then anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30 i start my day. recently he has been waking alot too! so goes 2 bed at 6, then hes awake at 7, then 8, then 9, but he is crying with his eyes shut...dummy back in, then hes ok for another few hours. oh my god am i tired or what its getting too much for me! so i definately know how u feel. obviously i cant offer n e advice either, but theres gotta b someone who can!
all the best smile
manda
My 4.5 month old has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old and a few weeks ago was also crying out at night with her eyes closed. It was always at the same time every night sometimes 1 or 2 times in the night. I also use to go in and stick the dummy in and she would be ok. After two weeks of this i was tired so the next time she did it i just left her and she went back to sleep herself and hasn't done it since (touch wood). I think it is just a phase they go through.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

Hi Susan,

I found when I was breastfeeding, that Ella would still wake a few times during the night & wouldn't go back to sleep until I fed her. So I experimented by giving her formula for her last feed at night, after a couple of nights it worked. I figured the formula was a little heavier in her tummy & she settled for longer. Mind you there are still occassions where she wakes, but its just a matter of her not being able to find her dummy so we have to find it for her!

Maybe Olivia's just after comfort, there's nothing like snuggling up to mum at early hours of the morning, great to be loved hey! If you're comfortable with it, perhaps just let her go for 5mins & see if she can settle herself back to sleep. I know that worked 'sometimes' with Ella.

Goodluck!
Carlie

Carlie, Ella & Ky

Sign in to follow this topic