Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Day Time Naps/Sleeps Lock Rss

Just want to hear from Mum's as to what age their little one went from 3 sleeps to 2 sleeps? When they went to 2 sleeps how long were their 2 sleeps and how long were they awake between sleeps?
My 4.5 month old hates her afternoon cat nap and always fights it and i am looking forward to cutting it out. She is fine with her other sleeps.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

my son went to 2 sleeps at about 6 months. he would wake at 7 7 30ish am then be up for about 2 or 3 hours then sleep for 2 hours then awake for 3ish hours then sleep for 1-2 hours depending on what time he went to sleep (i would wake him at 4 30 if he wasnt already awake) then awake for 3 hours and bed for the night at 7 30.
how long is she awake between sleeps and how long does she sleep for? what time does she go to bed for the night?

Sarah and Kai almost 1year 6 teeth and walking

Ella has only just started having 2 naps a day. She is coming on 9mths now. She used to wake around 6.30/7, then it worked in 2 hourly shifts. She would nap after 2 hours or so. The naps would last anywhere between 1-2hrs. She has since stopped this & just has a nap around 9am then again at about 1pm, usually the morning she'll go for an hr, the arvo it'll be 2-2 1/2hrs. By 5, which is her dinner time she's starting to get cranky, so we feed her, bath her & she's usually settled again by then. She goes to bed for the night at around 7.

I do recall though when she was around 4mths, afternoons were always her worst. From talks with other mums, this is usually the case, its what we call "arsnic hour" & its just something they grow out of and yes they'll fight it but eventually they do go to sleep, it may just take some extra time in settling techniques. My advice is just experiment, obviously if they're cranky they're tired, so put them to bed. But if they're happy & content, let them be. You're the best judge on that one.

Carlie

Carlie, Ella & Ky

Sign in to follow this topic