Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 4mth having same anmount of sleep as 16 mth old

4mth having same anmount of sleep as 16 mth old Lock Rss

Hi all
My lil man dylan wakes about 7 and has a nap bout 9:30/10, wakes 2 hours later, then at 2 ish or 2 hours after he woke up he goes back to sleep for 2 hours. he usually wakes about 4ish but he goes to bed at 7 so there sno time for a third nap. Does anyone elses bubs only have 2 naps?
My 16 mth old was on one nap but wasnt sleeping thru so we trialed him back on 2 naps, one at 10 and one at 3 and he sleeps 2 hours both times and goes to bed at 7:30-7. So he sleeps almost the same a smy 4 momnth old. any of u out there with similar things? is this normal? I know ash is normal for 2 sleeps still as there r some his age still don thius? and dylan on 2 sleeps 2??

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

Hey,
I envy you for your baby actually sleeping at all, i'm not sure if it's normal but if bub's is happy and not whinging when awake, then i think it's fine!
Mitch didn't sleep AT ALL til he was about 3 months old during the day, htough he would sleep all night from 6 weeks, but i would rather he have a sleep during the day and wake up once at night. It takes it out of you when they don't sleep during the day!! He did have reflux as a baby til he was put on AR by paediatrician, but was used to not sleeping, so still didn't sleep at all. Til he was treated for the reflux, he spent the whole day screaming no matter what i did, i nearly went insane!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, getting back on track, it's only recently Mitch has started to actually have more than an hours sleep a day, he started having a sleep for that long when he was about 3 months and only the last month has started to push it to 2 hours!!!
Anyway, back to your question, i think it's ok, so ling ans bub's isn't tired and whingy for more sleep!!!
As long as you and both bub's are happy!!!!
Good luck!!!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic