Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Scary sleeping position!

Scary sleeping position! Lock Rss

Just wondering if anyone has noticed their babies sleeping in a very akward position.
My 15 week old has taken to lying on her side with her head arched right back. It was never really a problem but I went to check on her before and her head was arched back that much that it basically was in alignment with her straight body (if you can picture that). It looks so wrong. Babies must be very very flexible but I'm worried that being like that it could cut off her airway or something.
Do I try move her back to a normal position or leave her like that?
I moved her back and she just kept arching straight back again so obvisoly its comfortable to her (don't know how) but I can't imagine it would do her neck any good.
Anyone else's babies do this? What should I do?

Thanks
My DD gets her self in the funniest positions too. I use to freak out a bit but just let her go now. SIDS did tell me that they find their own natural sleeping positions and there isn't much you can do about it.

Is your little one rolling? How does she go with tummy time (holding her head up)? I do believe once they are rolling and able to hold their head up fairly well on tummy time and when sitting (even if you support them) that they are pretty safe.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic