Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. active baby during sleep

active baby during sleep Rss

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem...My 7 month old daughter is just so active - during the day and even during her sleep. She generally does sleep pretty well at night (the last week or so she hasn't, but that's another topic!). But she has a tendency to wake herself up because she has managed to escape her covers and ends up down the other end of the cot, lying sideways (rail to rail), so her head is usually against the side rail. My husband and I are at our wit's end with what to do! Any suggestions?

Debbie, QLD, gorgeous daughter

Hi Debbie

My son was like that from 5 months old - I had to stop wrapping him because he would wriggle and move around so much the wrap would end up all around his neck and he'd be sideways in the cot. By 7 months he was well and truly all over the place!!! He was really unsettled around that time as well. I asked the nurse about it and she said it was normal at 7 months for them to become unsettled as their sleep patterns start to change - they usually go from 3 day sleeps to 2, and also they want to practice all their new tricks smile . The only advice she could offer was to just stick with our usual settling techniques and he would go back to "normal", which he did but it took about a month. I've taken everything out of the cot apart from the bottom sheet for safety reasons - he wouldn't stay tucked in anyway, he used to start kicking his legs up in the air with a big smile on his face as soon as I tried to put the sheet over him tongue !!! So all I can say is just be patient - your daughter will hopefully settle down soon. I guess it's yet another of those situations where there are no easy answers. Hope this helps smile .

Jasmine
Sign in to follow this topic