Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Dropping 10pm feed Rss

I have a four month old baby who sleeps really well. At the moment we feed him farex at 5pm then give him a bath and a bottle at 6pm, he goes to sleep soundley at that time and we then wake him at 10pm for a roll over feed, but it's getting increasingly difficult to wake him up at this time.
He will drink 150ml and go back to sleep without a beap again and wake at 7 - 7.30pm.
I wanted to try and drop this 10pm feed, but by stretching out his feed until 7pm, but I find it very hard to make him last longer than 3 hours during the day, does anyone have any suggestions about how to do this.
What is everyone else's routines like??

My Boy
Hi Myboy

When I weaned my 2 year old off the 10pm feed I did it gradually. I started off by feeding him at 9:30pm when he was use to that I dropped it to 9:00 pm and so on.

It worked like a charm. I think in the end his last feed was about 6:30pm - 7pm and he slept until the morning 7 - 8:30 am.

I hope this works for you as it did for me.

Julie
How old was your baby when you started dropping back the feeds and what was the daily feeding pattern like before and after?
I have a 5 month old and first bottle is at 8 or 9 in the morning and every four hours after that and last one about 9 at night with 2-3 solid feeds during the day.
hi i was unsure about the dropping off feed as well like you. what i did was gradually ease him off an hour at a time over 2 weeks. he last feed was at 11pm not 10 so i eventually had him having his last bottle at 9. whatever ya do dont stretch him out as he may be very grumpy.my son was having a sleep during the day every two hours for 1/2 hour to an hour.but i have been lucky as he has slept through from the age of nearly three months. and he sleeps a minimum of 12 twelve hours ( he loves his sleep right from the start) i would give him his tea at 6 then be in bath at 7-7.30 and then be put in bed by 9. i found that if he had a bath about 1-1.5 hours before bed it calms them down. i hope this can be of help to you.good luck
Sign in to follow this topic