Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

4.30am waking ... Rss

Hi all

I'd really like to hear any of your views and opinions on this subject as I don't have a clue what to do...

My son is 4 mths old and is still having a night feed which is normally around 2am-3am. But the last 2 nights he has slept from 10.30pm to 4.30am which is great for me, but I don't know whether I should be feeding him at this time or should I just try to settle him back to sleep. So far I have been feeding him and he has taken a full bottle which makes me think that he woke because he was hungry ... BUT he is still waking again every 1/2 hour or so after I have put him back down so I have to go in and settle him back to sleep (if possible).

Also over the last few weeks he has been waking at 5.30am every morning - no matter what time I have fed him during the night - and he is WIDE awake - there has been no chance of getting him back to sleep - he's not hungry and he's not crying but he is awake and grizzling to get picked up. It makes for a VERY long day if I have to get up at 4.30am or 5.30am ...

I hope this makes sense ... and I would really appreciate any help and advice or would like to hear from anyone else in the same position. sad

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

Hi Debs

my son michael used to wake up at night similar
to your bubs, when he was about 4 months. What i started doing was give him a roll over feed at 10 pm then when he would wake up at night i would not feed him just settle him back to sleep when he would wake at 5.30 i would then feed him and he would at least sleep until 7am which was better.
He is 5 months now and is used to not feeding
until 5.30 am, hope this helps

Good luck

Mary b

Michael, Vic, Born 11-12-03

Hi Maryb

Thanks for the reply. I've actually had a couple of really good nights - Rory has slept from 10.30pm till around 4am, then I feed him and he goes back to sleep till about 7am ... just hope it continues ... or better yet ... he misses the 4am feed and sleeps right through till 7am!!! Wishful thinking ... smile

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

Debs
Until about 3 weeks ago Liam was still having a feed about 5-6am. Then all of a sudden he kept sleeping until 8-9am. He's almost 7 months old and sleeps roughly 12 hours a night.
I used to try stretch his first feed out by making hubby go resettle him as he knew he wouldn't get fed from him. Pretty much overnight he started sleeping 12 hours at least per night.
Kristy

member since 2004

Sign in to follow this topic