Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Your Baby's Sleep Rss

"How long does your baby sleep?" and "how do you get them to sleep?" are some of the biggest questions mothers face with their babies.

To help solve the mystery we've launched our new http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/y... section on the Huggies website. You will find it under the Parenting drop down menu and it is definitely worth a look.

In addition we have our resident Baby Sleep Expert available to answer your questions in our new http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowForum.aspx?For...

Ask our Sleep Expert a Question forum that you can find in The General Baby Topics forum right here on Huggies Parents Exchange.

We hope you find this a great resource.

Regards

The Huggies Team
unsure the links on this post do not work for me???

"How long does your baby sleep?" and "how do you get them to sleep?" are some of the biggest questions mothers face with their babies.

To help solve the mystery we've launched our new "<a href="http://www.huggies.com/au/pregnancy_parenting/y... Baby’s Sleep</a>" section on the Huggies website. You will find it under the Parenting drop down menu and it is definitely worth a look.

In addition we have our resident Baby Sleep Expert available to answer your questions in our new <a href="http://huggies.kcaforums.com/ShowForum.aspx?For... our Sleep Expert a Question</a> forum that you can find in The General Baby Topics forum right here on Huggies Parents Exchange.

We hope you find this a great resource.

Regards

The Huggies Team
this site is hard to get around ... please i cant find the 'ask an expert' there is no 'drop down' part under the parenting tab up the top AND i tryed to find the general baby part in this forum and still cant see anything .. sad
None of the Huggies links are working for me either, it just goes to the Oops page. The only links I can get to are ones for the forums, not for actual Huggies articles.

Im having the same problem, no drop down, links not working, any1 sussed it yet??

jade82

None of the links work for me either
For a start sleep and feed is the main thing ur bub does for the first 3 months, around 18hours sleep a day. Usually 4hrs sleeps then a feed taking 30 mins to 1hr depending on how good feeders they are, making sure they dont fall asleep while in the middle of feeding. But u want them to go to sleep straight after a feed which they might or might not, so it may take some time rocking them etc. Try to sleep when bub does but allow some time to shower and eat somehow. Some babies go straight into sleeping thru the night, I have heard of 10hours night sleeps for newborns. Evenings are called "The Witching Hour" where new babies just cry for no apparent reason even if everything is all good. After 3 months u start to get longer up times here and there, usually mid afternoon playtimes before back to feeding and sleep. If ur lucky bub might start to sleep thru the night and have a few naps during the day, about 12 to 15 hours all up a day. After 6 months u have a fair idea of a sleep routine for ur bub. If bub isnt working with u try getting in a baby whisperer.roll eyes
My partner's Mum created a sleeping product called the Sleepwrap by Safe T Sleep. Have you heard of it? It has shown great success in providing a better night sleep for the whole family. Babies like the swaddling feeling! Check out www.safesleepsolutions.com

Any questions, let us know =0)

All the best
Lise

For a start sleep and feed is the main thing ur bub does for the first 3 months, around 18hours sleep a day. Usually 4hrs sleeps then a feed taking 30 mins to 1hr depending on how good feeders they are, making sure they dont fall asleep while in the middle of feeding. But u want them to go to sleep straight after a feed which they might or might not, so it may take some time rocking them etc. Try to sleep when bub does but allow some time to shower and eat somehow. Some babies go straight into sleeping thru the night, I have heard of 10hours night sleeps for newborns. Evenings are called "The Witching Hour" where new babies just cry for no apparent reason even if everything is all good. After 3 months u start to get longer up times here and there, usually mid afternoon playtimes before back to feeding and sleep. If ur lucky bub might start to sleep thru the night and have a few naps during the day, about 12 to 15 hours all up a day. After 6 months u have a fair idea of a sleep routine for ur bub. If bub isnt working with u try getting in a baby whisperer.roll eyes
Baby care link is working but another link is not working and it is necessary for us to know the essential factors that we can do for a baby to sleep. Apart from this, the only thing you can do is calm them up while sleeping or if they wake up then feed them up so that he will get relaxed, there can be many ways that can be done like giving them a warm oil massage so that he will not wake up in the middle of the sleep in night.

Thanks
my baby is 2 months old and sleeps through the night for a minimum of 6-8 &1/2 hrs. she still has the 'witching hour' just before bed time for approx 1 hr but will settle to the sound of running water and a bath. she now has a water feature next to her bed to help her sleep instead of a mobile.
I have a 12 week old baby and she sleeps 10-12 hours a night.. I bath her around 7pm and then a small feed and she will hv a lil power napt then tummy time and some time in jolly jumper followed by a story and wrapping then taking her to her room and feeding her with the night light on.. she then falls asleep. i also have a small radio on which she loves!! and shes normally alseep by 9.30 pm smile
Sign in to follow this topic