Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Your Baby's Sleep Rss

I don't know about baby sleep but one thing i know and that is if you don't get a proper sleep then may be your metabolism get week and your weight can be increased.May be then one thing only remain in your mind that is how to get rid of belly fat or abdominal fat.so first take care for your baby sleep and then your's.
My 8 month baby boy wakes between 3 and 6 times a night, usually going to sleep at 7.30pm for an hour then back to sleep and wakes every couple hours until 5.30am and is fully awake.

I am still breastfeeding him and most nights he sleeps in our bed, the only way to get him back to sleep is to just lay him down next to me and breastfeed him to sleep, I am so tired at night as i am pregnant again, and I find this being the only way to settle him and get a little more sleep myself.

I try to give him a bottle of Karicare Gold before bed at 7.15pm but he will only ever drink 50mls if im lucky and then he wants a breastfeed straight after and falls asleep feeding, I know how wrong this is and I am starting to worry as I need a new solution for when the new baby is here but also need him to start sleeping in his cot in his own room and sleeping through would be so good for both me and my partner.

During the day he breastfeeds around every 3 hrs, he only ever has a few spoonfuls of food for breakfast and a whole Heinz squezzy pack for lunch and only a few spoons for dinner, if im lucky he might have a whole squezzy pack but it never makes a difference with his sleep...

I put it down to comfort feeding and that he may be waking because he is hungry... Can anybody help?

My 8 month baby boy wakes between 3 and 6 times a night, usually going to sleep at 7.30pm for an hour then back to sleep and wakes every couple hours until 5.30am and is fully awake.

I am still breastfeeding him and most nights he sleeps in our bed, the only way to get him back to sleep is to just lay him down next to me and breastfeed him to sleep, I am so tired at night as i am pregnant again, and I find this being the only way to settle him and get a little more sleep myself.

I try to give him a bottle of Karicare Gold before bed at 7.15pm but he will only ever drink 50mls if im lucky and then he wants a breastfeed straight after and falls asleep feeding, I know how wrong this is and I am starting to worry as I need a new solution for when the new baby is here but also need him to start sleeping in his cot in his own room and sleeping through would be so good for both me and my partner.

During the day he breastfeeds around every 3 hrs, he only ever has a few spoonfuls of food for breakfast and a whole Heinz squezzy pack for lunch and only a few spoons for dinner, if im lucky he might have a whole squezzy pack but it never makes a difference with his sleep...

I put it down to comfort feeding and that he may be waking because he is hungry... Can anybody help?

I wish I could help! I'm having the same problem with my 11 month old daughter. She eats more solids than your son but I'm still breastfeeding. I'm lucky to get her to sleep for more than an hour at a time through the night. Some people have recommended not letting her sleep during the day - I don't know about this so if anyone has tried it let me know!If she's on my lap on the couch she'll sleep but as soon as I put her into bed she wakes up within half an hour. I'm due to go back to work next week and don't know how I'm going to go being up all night as well.If anyone can help I'll be very grateful!
my baby is 1 week and three days old she was born 1 week and 5 days early and she keeps waken every 2 and a half hours and wants milk
My 2 yr old son was exactly the same when he was 6 months old. He would wake every 2 hours and I would end up with him in our bed every night having to breastfeed him back to sleep. I had tried control crying and even went to sleep school but nothing worked. Then on the advice of a friend I bought a book called 'Dream Baby Guide' by Sheyne Rowley. It changed my life! As soon as I started implementing the techniques in the book my son slept through from 7 until 6:30 every night!! It is a big book with lots of information but for me it was a godsend. There's no torturous 'crying it out', it's all about communicating effectively with your baby.
Hope that helps! Good luck smile

hello sorry to hear not going so well.
I have two girl friends going through the same thing with seven month old baby.
offer bottle only ...at night thats what they do and it works.increase the day feeds so baby not so hungry at night
get dd to sleep in own bed ...otherwise night mare once baby comes
my girlfriends are on the contented baby book... me too.
there bubs sleep from seven pm to seven am now have done since six months.
but lately baby has been waking and they were feeding baby thinking baby is hungry the health clinic said give cool bottle water.
I mean if you think about it why would wake up and if your just going to get water...hahah
babies back on track now just a stage!! good luck and I really hope that things work out for you
my baby three months now.
she has gone through her growth spurt and is now sleeping well
we are on the contented baby book
she wakes at seven am...awake one half hours. She sleeps for one hour we wake her. Then she goes back down at elevn thirty or so...sleeps for two and half hours...then back down at four thirty and we wake her at five.
bath feed bed by seven. we wake her at eleven. then back down till seven am.
she is a very happy baby I went to health clinic they told me to STOP walking around house trying to get her to settle and go to sleep.
They said STOP IT IMMEDIATLY as she will expect this...
I have been hushing her in your cot and just picking her up when she really screams... it is working lucky they told me to stop this as I didnt even realise I was doing it.
I dont rock her or pat her either...no dummy and sheis breast feed in the day and expressed milk at night in a bottle.
water in the afternoons so she wont reject this later
anychow things going well now would recommend using contented baby book a guide only... we dont stick to it minute by minute my baby is little sleepy so she doeshave a little extra sleep then the book says.

anychow the health clinic at logan central said they can book my in for a sleep school... as long as baby is under four months old its free ...so ill do that too..!!

my girlfriend has not routine and her baby is really happy..my way works for me but demand feeding works for her!!
[quote name='Dany#1' date='17 April 2011 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1303016932' post='2969821'] I have a 12 week old baby and she sleeps 10-12 hours a night.. I bath her around 7pm and then a small feed and she will hv a lil power napt then tummy time and some time in jolly jumper followed by a story and wrapping then taking her to her room and feeding her with the night light on.. she then falls asleep. i also have a small radio on which she loves!! and shes normally alseep by 9.30 pm smile does she wake up during the night time?
does she wake up during the night time?
my 13 month old will sleep in her cot after a bottle but after i have left the room and 2 or more hours later she will cry, she will not go back in her cot so i put her in my bed, how can i help her to sleep in her cot.
?

Here's how I got my baby to sleep through the night http://violet-sleepbabysleep.blogspot.com/

My Baby is 3 months old and still waking up, I just keep reminding myself that its only for a few more months.
Sign in to follow this topic