Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Anyone else wrapping at 7 months

Anyone else wrapping at 7 months Lock Rss

Hi
My son will be 9 mths in 4 days time. I still have to wrap him otherwise he won't sleep. He doesn't know how to go to sleep without being wrapped. It all started when I took him to sleep school. Now that summer is coming I really am at my wits end on what to do. He really hates the heat and tolerates it less than other babies. How can I get him to sleep without the wrap? I have tried to unwrap him once he is asleep but he will just wake himself up with his waving arms (banging them on the side of the cot and/or whacking himself). I thought that I was theonly one still wrapping!!

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

Bri,
My son was the same when we first stopped wrapping him (at about 9 months or so), his sleeps during the day halved in length but within a few weeks he was back to normal.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
For some reason we found it easier to stop wrapping at night first, which happened at about 5 months, he was put down in a slepping bag suit that was one or two sizes too big and he had all the snugness he was used to.
I now just tuck his top sheet in firmly around his arms and he goes to sleep, most times he can still be a bugger like most babies.
Hope I've been able to shed a bit of light for you. Like I've said earlier I found Maria Vito very helpful.
Kristy

member since 2004

Sign in to follow this topic