Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. To all the mums of catnapper babies:

To all the mums of catnapper babies: Rss

Hi Briony!

I hope you had a great xmas and new year too!
That is so great that Olivia is crawling! It's really funny how they just get up one day and do these things.
Tayla has been walking for about 2 1/2 weeks now. Everyone was telling me she would walk in time for xmas and she did! ( i wasnt expecting her to).
So, now all i have to wait for is the running really.LOL.
She is having some great day sleeps lately.Usually 2 hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. It seems lately that the older she gets the more sleep she wants! I think it just has a lot to do with being more active though.
How is Olivia sleeping now? I think you will find that she will start to have longer sleeps now that she is crawling.
Tayla turned 1 on Sunday, so i was quite ecxited about that. She is my "big girl" now. Thats her new nickname. Not long til Briony is 1 as well.
Talk to you later
lara
Hi Tanja
That is so great that you took your boy to the chiropractor. I also did this with Tayla and it helped so much. She would usually have a great big sleep after a chiro session.
It really is quite common for a baby to catnap, so dont feel like your alone. Its just their short sleep cycles(damn things!!).
Dont worry,Tayla is now one and she still comes into my bed at night time if i cant settle her. When it comes down to it, you just do what you can to get some rest and i dont personally see co sleeping as a problem. They are only young for a short time, and we might as well give em heaps of cuddles while we can
Let us know how you get on with the catnapping as Bryce gets older.Im sure he will sleep longer as he grows up. How old is Bryce??
Cheers
Lara
Hi Lara,

How are thing's going? I thought I'd give you a quick update on how Olivia is doing lately.

She is now a walker, started about a month ago.

For a while there her daytime sleeps were going really well. 2 naps a day for anywhere between 45 minutes and 2 hours.

All of the sudden this week she has decided that she only needs one daytime sleep. She is waking up about an hour later in the morning and then not having her usual mid morning nap. Instead she stays awake until after lunch when she goes down for a 2 hour sleep. This then gets her through till 7.30pm when we put her to bed. She doesn't go straight to sleep at night. She plays in her cot for about an hour and then when she's ready to finally go to sleep for the night she cries out for us to go in and tuck her in.

When she started doing this I was worried that she was going to be horrid being awake for so long but she's really supprised me and is doing really well. My little baby is growing up! (o:

Mum to (Olivia 3 Feb 2004) & (Emily 26 Jan 2006)

Hi Briony!

Sorry i took a while to answer you, i dont get on the computer as much nowadays. ( i am working 3 days a week atm).
Wow, what great news that Olivia is walking! U must be very proud. It is so strange to see them walk at first isnt it? They are so small, but still capable of doing so many things, like us adults.
So, she has finally given up on the catnapping hey? I knew that eventually she would have to!
Tayla is on much the same routine as Olivia. Has a sleep around 12ish for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Although occasionally (like today) she hasnt had a sleep at all..... and she has been up since 5.15 am!
She doesn't even seem tired though. i keep on trying to put her down and she just plays, so i keep giving up. It is very hot over here in Perth today though, close to 40 degrees-that might have something to do with it.
Unfortunatley Tayla still doesnt sleep through for us, except for the very odd occasion (maybe once every couple of months).
Take care, great to hear from you
my daughter has always been a catnapper.i have not been able to do anything to change it.but i couldn`t complain because she was sleeping all night from an early age.i`ve just learned to be happy if she does sleep for a couple of hours during the day which rarely happens.
Sign in to follow this topic