Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Helping with sleep Rss

Hi Everyone,
I have in previous posts recommended using the Tressillian help line to help with settling babies and sleep routines and after reading some of the posts I would again recommend giving them a call if you are experiencing problems with your child's sleep.
While I haven't always agreed with everything the midwives on the phone have suggested I have found it interesting to hear what they think.
They have also offered great information for me about sleep and routines that I never really knew, like just how much sleep a baby of particular ages needs.
Once a nurse said something I found to be so true, that "sleep breeds sleep". You know when your child has a busy day or you've been out with them late and they haven't had enough sleep as they usually do, and you think to yourself "oh he'll sleep for ages he'll be so tired". Well I don't know about anyone else but I have found that if he has a crappy sleep day then he has a crappy sleep night and wakes up early!
I'm lucky though, my son is generally a really good sleeper. I just give hima cuddle, give him one dummy which he puts in his mouth and the other he likes to hold, then I walk out and he puts himself to sleep. He sleeps from 6:00ish until 6:30ish in the morn.
Tressillian have sleep clinics where parents can visit, day stay or week stay (I think). I've never been but I hear from others that although t was tough, that it really helped them.
Anyway, take on board what you want, at the end of the day, no one knows your bub like you do and we can only do what we believe is right and what suits us. I just think it's worth a call, if for nothing else but to find out about routines.
I have called lots of times and for the most part they have been very friendly and helpful.
Their number is 9787 5255 if you're in Syd and 1800 637 357 outside of Syd. I'm not sure if they're just NSW or not.
I hope I've managed to help someone, I feel like I've rattled on for an eternity!
Laura (baby 10 months)

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Not that it's the end of the world but just realised I've been spelling Tresillian wrong. Only one "S". My brain gets kidnapped quite often since having a baby!

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Sign in to follow this topic