Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. The older she gets the less nights sleep

The older she gets the less nights sleep Rss

Hi
My 5 month old was a good she from birth, we use to put her down at 7pm and she would wake until 4am..... Over the last month and a half she wakes for a bottle at 10:30pm, 3am and again at 6am.
Can anyone suggest anything?
Regards Anni

?Anni? QLD, Mummy 2 Courtney & Madisyn040.05)

HI Anni

My daughter does the same thing(6mths).She used to wake for 2 or 3 night feeds when she was younger and now she just wakes all the time.I think the only way to go about it is to start some settling techniques and try to teach her that she doesnt need those night feeds.I think some mums offer water instead of milk, and then the baby doesnt wake up for water because its not really worth it.Good luck, sorry i wasnt much help
Hi Anni

My daughter is also 5 months and I found that getting her into routine feeds has made all the difference. She has 4 bottlefeeds a day with 4 hours between each feed. Her body clock has worked out that she only feeds during the day and doesn't need food during the night. She now goes 12 hours between feeds over night. She didn't do this at first, it was only by sheer persistence that we got there! Good luck.

Alison, Vic, Abby 2.5 yrs, Poppy 5 mths

Hi Anni,

How did you end up going with your little one??

We went through a similar situ also.

Sign in to follow this topic