Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How long can this go on for?????????

How long can this go on for????????? Lock Rss

DD1 went into a big bed on the 1st of dec, it is still taking me HOURS to get her to sleep!! Surely the novelty on getting up a million has to wear off soon? Please tell me it will!
Ill let you in a secret

ocky straps lol lol
Ahhhhhh.... Doesn't it just drive you crazy.....

Sorry don't know how long it will last as DS never did it...

Owen 26.2.04 and Hannah 17.9.07

How old is she?? Maybe she isnt ready yet??? Ive not had this problem with any of mine... Sorry. Hope it gets better soon...
LOL pink panda

Posted by: ***Tracy***NSW***

Sorry don't know how long it will last as DS never did it...

Shut up Tracy lol
Pookibum J is 2 and a half
Posted by: Jaz mummy
Pookibum J is 2 and a half

Well you'd think she'd be ready then huh??? hmmm Do you close the door? I would probably start using a firmer tact.. What are you currently doing?
Sorry Tammy.... Had to add that one in....

Seriously he didn't do it until we moved into our new home and then quite often I would find him asleep in the little hallway outside his bedroom door.. He knew that he was not allowed out of his room... and this lasted a good couple of months... Persistance is the key and stick to your guns keep putting her back to bed but don't talk to her as this the the attention she is looking for...

Hugs Honey and I hope it wears off soon...

We tried Jaz a few times and she just wasn't ready, we put her back in her cot for a few months and tried again with success. I just didn't think it was worth the stress on either of us as she clearly didn't want to be in the bed.
Do you have a baby gate on the door? I bought one when DS went into his bed. Now he just stands at the gate calling out to me. I have to go in and re-settle him 3 times max at night. It's worked pretty well so far.
I have an old baby gate if you want to try it Tam..

i have a baby gate on jas' door as well.
maybe use a sticker chart with her??

be tough, first time she gets up ask her to get back into bed, second time take her without talking to her put her in and walk out
Sign in to follow this topic