Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY Lock Rss

WE NEVER EVER INTENDED TO GIVE OUR DAUGHTER HER DUMMY AND TO BE HONEST I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW IT ENDED UP IN HER MOUTH BUT LET ME EXPLAIN.
I HAVE A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER WHO GOES TO BED AT 7 LIKE AN ANGEL...
BUT THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT SHE WAKES SEVERAL TIMES DUE TO DUMMIE DROPS.....
I REALLY WANT TO WEAN HER OFF IT I HAVE TRIED SNIPPING THE TIPS AN I WILL NOT LET HER CRY IT OUT.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE A FAVOURITE BLANKET OR SOMETHING ELSE

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi mimmy my daughter is 9 months old and my partner did try to give our daughter the dummy but she wouldnt take it and I was so happy when she wouldnt take the dummy.

Have you try to give her a teddy bear to lay beside her or near her so she doesnt feel alone? I dont really have any ideas to help you mimmy but maybe try a blanket like you said.

Good luck and let me know how go with it.

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi mimmy
My little boy never took to a dummy but my nephew had one and my sister had a blankie which had a teddy sewn in to one corner she swapped them when he started to loose the dummy at night. My nephew took to this. You could also try giving her some of your clothing like a shirt that has your smell on it, just to comfort and reassure her. Just a few ideas for you.

Hope you find something THat suits your daughter soon

Rachel, QLD mum of Zaki 21 months

Sign in to follow this topic