Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. baby only goes to sleep on the boob

baby only goes to sleep on the boob Lock Rss

Hi,

my girl used to be like that when she was younger too (shes 10months old now) and i know what you are going through! Its so tiring aye! Emily used to feed off me constantly and when i would put her in her cot to sleep she would wake up straight away and start to cry!

To get her to stop being fed to sleep i tried other ways like waiting till she was tired and then taking her for a walk in her pram or a drive in the car so she would go to sleep without feeding. I know it sounds like a huge hassel, but i did this for about a week and found she would settle herself to bed alot easier because maybe she knew how to put herself to sleep? I dont know what it was but it seemed to help.

After that i let her spend alot of time in her cot so she got comfortable and used to it, i would put her in there and i would stay in the room with her so that she knew i was there and wouldnt get to distressed. Every now and then i would leave her for a couple of minutes and then come back in. I think that her knowing i would come back was soothing to her and she starting putting herself to sleep quite well.

I cant offer you much advice about the night though, because that is a completly different story!

I hope all goes well for you smile

Hi Jessica. Have you tried a dummy as maybe she finds the sucking motion comforting?

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Sign in to follow this topic