Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Trouble sleepin at night

Trouble sleepin at night Rss

Hi everyone my name is Tracey and my problem is that my daughter Jaye started to play up abit when it cames to sleeping in her cot at night.

She use to sleep though the night until we went on holidays in christmas and since than we sleep maybe 2-3 hours if that and I dont know what to do anymore.

I have try to wait until she is totally out of it and asleep and than put her into the cot and than she will wake up and cry.

So if anyone has any ideas to help me that will be great cause getting worried about the whole situation. Just want it back to normal.

HELP!

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi Tracey

My name is Olivia, just wondering

1.when your daughter slept through the night was she in her own room?

2. when you went to Queensland did she share with you?

The reason I ask is , when my daughter was around that age she became very aware that she was alone. She was in the dark by herself (didn't help with nite lite either) and didn't understand where I had gone.

Babies I have been repeatedly told suffer Seperation Anxiety, yes - out of the blue. Is she clingy during the day?

The thing that worked for me (until now) (suffering SA again) is music and something that projects light images on to the celing and walls.

Pick out a piece of music that is long and soft (Beethoven, Chopin, Bach) something like that and ONLY use that one piece so that she can hear it ll through the night (it helps I promise) and as for the something projecting light only use it till she falls asleep and then turn it off , then again if she unsettles.

Then if need be while she gets use to it just keep reasuring her as usual it should only take about 3-5 nights. I know that sounds like a long time but it isn't once it works it is worth it.

All this helped my bub

I hope I have helped

If you want to chat and vent I know the frustration of lack of sleep
My email and MSN are olucia@bigpond.net.au

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

MY DAUGHTER IS 5 MONTHS AN THE OTHER WEEK STARTED TO RE WAKE THROUGH THE NIGHT
I WOULDN'T PUT HER DOWN ONCE SHE'S ASLEEP
PUT HER DOWN EXTREMELY TIRED.
SIT WITH HER PUT A HAND ON HER IF SHE GETS FIDGEY. SAY "SHHHH" GENTLY UNTIL SHE RELAXES AGAIN
LEAVE THE ROOM.
RE ENTER IF SHE CONTINUES.
WITH THE EARLY WAKINGS I HAD TO PUT 50ML IN A BOTTLE AN GIVE THAT TO HER WHILE SHE WAS IN HER COT (I NEVER PICKED HER UP).
BUT THE MAIN ISSUE WAS I WAS SLEEPING PAST 7 BECAUSE I WAS SO EXHSAUTED BUT NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE TO GET HER UP A 7AM, MAKE SURE SHE SLEEPS FOR NO LONGER THAT 4 OR 5 HOURS DURING THE DAY TO ENSURE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP
GOOD LUCK LET US KNOW HOW YOU GO

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic