Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

It works!!!!!! Lock Rss

Hi everyone!
Im writing this post in the hope that i can give some encouragment to those of you who dont have a baby that sleeps.Kade was born 8 weeks early (he is now 19 weeks but corrected 11 weeks) and spent 5 weeks in ICU every since he has been home he has been SO unsettled and did not sleep and i mean at all i was exhausted and frustrated.
To get him to sleep i had to rock him and then like most of you have or are experiencing he would wake up 40 mins later i was going insane and was begining to hate being a mum who stayed home.
I used to try rocking him then putting him down and then if he cried i would leave him 6 mins go in try and resettle etc ect...... it failed for him and me.
Anyway last friday night i decided that i had had enough. i brought the "its time to sleep" book and dvd and i followed their technique along with the sleep/feed/play routine that i already had in place.
It is so unbelievable but i now have a completly new baby that puts himself to sleep and who can sleep 2x2-3hr sleeps per day and who goes to bed at 7.30 has a dreamfeed at 10.30 has a bottle at 2or3am(think he still needs this as he was premmie but hopefully i can wean him soon) and wakes at 7am.
I am now the most happiest mum who is also well rested.
I guess the purpose for this long post is that i understand so well what other mums are going through and believe me that using a self settling technique is unreal. It was really hard for the first 3 days i hated my baby crying and having to go to sleep by himself when he wanted me to cuddle him but he is such a happier baby now. I hope that this has encouraged you and that there is light at the end of the tunnell dont give up.
hope i have helped some of you smile

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

Kylie
Wow I'm really happy to hear that you've got your baby's self settling sorted out. Makes me see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel too. I am using cc with my baby and I can bear it in the day but at nights it's hard to implement since there are other people's sleep to consider, and I think my girl knows I'll give in at nights!

To teach is to learn twice

Hi Kylie,

I am trying to decide wich book/package to buy between 'its time to sleep' and 'save our sleep'. from your post I understand that 'its time to sleep' uses a sort of controlled crying approach is this correct? I think this may be the only thing that will work for my little man! He is 5.5 mnths old and has never slept through the night. anyway does 'its time to sleep' have any routines to follow? (im a bit lost). also with this dream feed - do you take bub out of bed while asleep then feed and burp/change then put them back?
Sorry for this I have asked so many people so many questions and every one has been wonderful with their suggestions but I still cant find anything that works for us.
Thanks in advance xx

Hi kylie my daughter use to sleep right though the night when she was 8 weeks old but now she is 9 months old and we cant get her to stay asleep though the night.

And that is excellent for you to get your little to sleep now its a great feeling isnt it and you feel like are brand new mum for them to and also for your partner.

So what was it dvd called?

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic