Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Squirmy Baby Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

My 5 month old has started to squirm around a lot in her cot and when I go to her when she wakes she is usually upside down or half way down the cot.

The thing that worries me is a few times she has had her arm or leg sticking through the bars.

i have had to remove the bumper as she pulls it untied and I am worried she may smother herself with it.

has anyone else had this problem or has any suggestions? I'm actually worried she may break her arm or leg.
hi dianne

my dd started to get stuck i her cot at around 3 months and i just had to go in and help her out so she could go back to sleep...

we have a baby monitor that is on every night so we could hear her when she stuck, which was easier than running in all the time... a friend suggested to put a bumper around the outside of the cot, but i never did it because i think bumpers are very dangerous, sids n kids recommends not using them at all..

she eventually stopped getting stuck after a couple of weeks but she still gets around the whole cot at night and ends up in some pretty weird positions smile i found her half sitting up and blissfully asleep the other day smile

kristie

Kristie, tvlle, 3.5yr & newborn

I'm a bit sus about bumpers, especially for little bubs. I know others use them, thats cool, it works for them. If your bub has untied them, I think you should remove them - especially if you are worried she may smouther. Its better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that a baby can not break a limb with their own force. I stressed about it too but after the Baby First Aid Course I felt a lot better. The only thing that might happen is your bubs waking themselves up if they hit the side when they roll around. Depending on your bub, you may need to re-settle them until they learn to do it themselves.

DD always manages to stick an arm or leg out, its almost hilarous the positions she gets into. I can gently move it back in when I check on her. She can do it herself now which is good and she never gets stuck any-more. Don't worry any more, your bubs wont do any damage.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi my little one does the same thing she has been for about 2months she is just over 5 months now i have even found her with her nappy off up the other end of the cot with her arm stuck out. The health nurse told me that they can't really hurt themselves that the bumpers are more dangerous than arms and legs hanging out but it looks very uncomfortable!
Sign in to follow this topic