Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What age? What time to bed?

What age? What time to bed? Lock Rss

I have been putting my 5.5 month old to bed at 7.30pm and she is waking anywhere from 5.30-7.30am. What time do you put you little one to bed?
What time is good?
I heard 7pm is good? HELP!
We have put DD to bed at 7pm since she was 3 months old and slept until 7am. However we are going to strech this out to 7.30pm very soon as DH isn't getting home from work until 6.30/7pm and wants to spend some time with her before bed.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

I have been putting Isabelle(now 11 mths) to sleep @ 9pm since she was 3 months of age. And she wakes up @ 9am, than goes back to sleep again @ 10.30am til 12. And we have the whole afternoon out while she's all awake, than she gets back to sleep agian @ 5pm til 6.30pm and gets back to sleep @ 9pm again
^^
Different times work for different babies but both my boys at the 6mth-ish age are/were going to bed by 6pm. They are/were both up at 6am but even if I tried to give them a later feed they would still be up at that time so I just went with their flow.

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

My DD is 5 months old. She goes to bed between 6.30-7.30pm. She sleeps through until about 5.00-7.00. She occasionally wakes about 4ish, i give her a quick b/f and put her back to bed and she goes through until about 8.00am. This is what she has been doing since she was 8 weeks old.

Emily 25/10/05

I put Jaye into bed at 9.30pm and she will wake up at 5.30am and than she is full of energy and just a handful and keeps me on my toes.

That is excellent that your daughter sleeps that long and I would be happy with that you lucky mum.

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

my bub is now 9months old.

he goes to bed at 6pm every night. if he is really tired then 5:30. the other day he was exhausted and went to be at 5 !!!
he sleeps through the night and wakes up at about 7:30 in the morning. there has been a few nights where he has been unsettled which has been due to stomach pain or teething.
a lot of my friends put their bubs down to bed at 7:30, but ive always stuk to an early bath and dinner, bottle and into bed and its great because then i have the evening to myself.

Danni, WA,

Hi Rowie,

My son has always had his bath at 5.30pm and then, bottle and bed by six, since he was very little. I love this as it gives my husband and I time to ourselves. It also gives me some time before my husband gets home to get dinner going.
My son is usually awake between 5-5.30am.

Works for us,

Peta
Hi rowiechb_001
Try and have a look at the website www.babybliss.com.au it has free routines for different age babies, may be they can help you establish more of a routine for the evening.
Hope this helps

Donna & Fraser (5 mnths)
Sign in to follow this topic