Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. How do you go from wrapping to unwrapping???

How do you go from wrapping to unwrapping??? Lock Rss

Hi,

I have a 4 month old who is currently being double wrapped. A smaller wrap just secures her arms across her belly, so that she can move them down by her sides or across her chest but not up and out of the wrap. A second larger wrap, wraps her entirely up. Previously to wrapping with 2 wraps, she would wiggle her hands up out of the wrap and slap herself about and wake up. She has slept very well wrapped this way, sleeping from 10pm to 8am overnight.

However the last few nights have have been horrible. She is fights and struggling against being wrapped, however when I have tried to loose the wraps once she is asleep, or just wrap her loosely she is only sleeping for 20mins at a time, then waking and screaming.

Last night she woke every 2hrs, but I had her wrapped securely and when I went in there, she had pretty much gotten herself loose. She was absolutely screaming in temper, because as soon as she got what she wanted, which was to be unwrapped, she stopped.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most grateful!

Angie, DE 15/12/05 ,TAS

sorry- unable to help as my 5 month old son has never been wrapped as he hated in. This was alright during the warmer month but I have my concerns during winter.

Too scared to put blankets/sheets in the cot with him as he moves around too much and scared he will choke himself. As the weather is getting cooler, I put bubs in a warm body suit and as last night was cold, put a sleeping bag jump suit over the top. got this hint from another post on this web site. This way bubs is warm during the night and doesn't wake up every two hours screaming. My son sleeps from 9-4, has a bottle, then sleeps until 7:30.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but maybe an idea you can use rather than wrapping!?!?! I hope it helps in some way.

Karen, NSW, 5 month baby boy

The gradual unwrap worked really well for DD, she was about 6 months when we did it - in hindsight, was a bit too late. I started by wrapping the same, but one arm across her chest - so she could get it out (and did). After a couple of nights when she got use to it, I did the same with the second arm. Withing a couple of nights she she was use to that - I wrapped from her her arms down - that probably took the longest for her to adjust too. Soon after that I took the wrap away completely.

I found unwrapping really difficult, it was quite a big step for us all. DD was well and truely ready to be 'free' to roam her cot.

Best of luck sweetie.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

I'm really not sure if i can help you sweetie. i to wrap my bubba,but only for night time sleeps.mabey you could start to not wrap her during the day as i don't..
my daughter also wakes occasionally due to unwrapping herself, and recently started to teeth so now she is waking up and refusing to go back to sleep unless shes in bed with us

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hope one of the mums can hlp
xxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic