Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Tizzie Hall readers I would like you advice

Tizzie Hall readers I would like you advice Lock Rss

I have been reading many posts about the Tizzie Hall book. Unfortunately no one here in NZ stocks this book and the one off the website is quite pricy.

My son is 8 1/2 months old and sleeps from 7.30pm-5.00am. Everything suggests that he should be sleeping till 7.00am.
Different posts have mentioned that Tizzie has a rule that babies should be in bed by 7.00pm because of a certain type of sleep cycle.
For those of you that have tried it, does it work?

Can anyone give me some tips, advice or help on how I can get my wee man too sleep longer.
He is still tired when I get him up so I know he is not having as much sleep as he should. Also, he does not finish his bottle or feed when he does wake up so I dont think he is waking because of hunger.

HELP PLEASE

Niki

Rileys Mum - 11 months

Hi Niki,
I saw the book in Books&More yesterday.
Good luck!

Jen and 13mth Harvey

Hi Niki,
I too have used Tizzie's routines and have found them to be a terrific guide. A mum on here however, posted some info on a different website that offers routines for free. I checked it out yesterday and I think her routines look really good and I believe, a little more flexible.
Her website is www.babybliss.com.au
Hope this helps a bit smile

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Hi Niki I have Tizzie Hall book and I have read it and I have tried settle themselfs method but my daughter willnt play the game so I dont bother anymore and Jaye goes to bed at 9.30 at night but she has fallen asleep at 8.00 but we dont go to bed til 9.30 and doesnt wake up til 5.30am when her dad gets up for work but Jaye has never slept to 7.00am.

Jaye normally wakes up at 5.30 in the morning and she has only waken up at 6.00 in the morning and that was the lasts, also I dont give Jaye a feed straight away she wait for awhile cause she plays for awhile and that is normally for hour than I give her a feed and breakfast.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi Niki, maybe you could try putting your son to bed little earlier, say 6.30 or 7.00. My son was going to bed at 8.00pm and waking up at 5.30am.I tried putting him to bed at 6.30pm-7.00pm and he then slept til 6.30am - 7.ooam, but this may not work with every baby.Good luck

vickie,sa,8week old

Sign in to follow this topic