Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. what age s should they go in ther own room int he cot

what age s should they go in ther own room int he cot Lock Rss

Hi guys,
my liitle guy wakes up constantly all he grumbles that much he wakes himself up.

He sleeps really well during the day but of a nite if he hears us he wakes up , we have never tip toed around him at all .

But all of a sudden he wakes every half and hour he's warm Fed and dry ,

should i moved him back in to his own room or is he too young (nearly 5 months old )

cheers Kirsten
We moved our boy into his own room when he was just under 2 months old but mainly because he was waking us up - he is a noisy sleeper. I think we were waking him up too, with us rolling over etc.

Maybe just give it a try in his room, see if you notice a difference but be prepared, you might have to stick with it for a while, it probably wont change on the first night.
I moved my little man at 3 & 1/2 months to his cot and to his own room.
I found it great. I felt like I had my own bedroom back. I also think it helped him sleep more at certain times as we didn't wake him up.
It made us sleep better too because we didn't hear him grunting & farting etc etc !

I hope it works out for you. enjoy

Jo, SA, Dylan born Dec 05

Hey Kirsten my daughter is 10months old and the only time she was our room is when she was first born and small to be in her room by herself but when she was 8 weeks old I put her into her cot and she sleep fine.

But how do you feel about having him in his room? maybe you should try it and see how he goes in his room.

Good luck and chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Hi

We moved our daughter when she was about three months. Mostly it was because I was waking up to her smallest sound and disturbing her by checking up on her. I worried that when I moved her I wouldn't hear her until she was really crying and then I would have trouble settling her again. Turns out i still hear her grumble before she gets to crying. It felt like a big step putting her in her own room but she slept better and so did I. Give it a try you can always move him back.

Leanne, NZ, Ella age 2 & Sam age 6months

Hi Kristen
My DD was put into her own room at 2 months old. I found sleeping in the same room as us was not a good idea as my DD made a lot of funny noises in her sleep as myself being a light sleeper didnt get a good nights sleep for a long time. Everytime she made a noise I would be up with a torch making sure she is all right. I also found my DD playing up at night time because she knew I was in the same room. When she was in her own room if she woke up, I would always wait 5 minutes before entering and more often than not, she would fall back to sleep.

Cheers Josy
Sign in to follow this topic