Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 10 month old trouble sleeping. HELP!!

10 month old trouble sleeping. HELP!! Lock Rss

I have a 10 month old daughter who started sleeping right through at 6 weeks old. When we moved out of my parents house she slept in my room on a mattress next to my bed for about a week to get her used to it. Since then she has been in her cot and constnatly wakes up during the night. I try get her to sleep about 7 about hr or 2 later she wakes and wont go back to sleep less I cuddle her. I have cuddled her to sleep from day 1 really and didnt know to stop untill now. Sometimes when she wakes up she is awake for hours and wont go back to sleep even with cuddling her yet she is really tired. Please help Im going out of my mind. Last night she woke up after an hr and didnt go back till midnight. Im sick and was so tired. I put her into her cot then she woke at 4:30 when and laid back in my bed and she was asleep again in minutes and we both up together at 8:30. I dont want her to depend on sleeping with me but sometimes its the only way to get her to sleep.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maybe you could start by putting her in her cot and telling her goodnight, and then leaving her to cry for a little bit. I know it's pretty awful but it's important to do this at least a little bit. I don't do controlled crying the way they say it is supposed to be done, but I do let her cry just for a few minutes, then I go in and pat her on the back until she settles, I try to make it so she goes to sleep by herself, but lets face it, in the middle of the night we all do what is going to work to get them to go to sleep,

I have a daughter who is 10 months on Sunday so about the same age as yours.

She is still waking at night as well, but most nights she sleeps from around 10:30 - 5 (sometimes later than that though)

The other thing is it is getting cold at night now, so maybe a sleeping bag or a heater on will help her to sleep better.

I also read somewhere on this site about someone putting a pillow or something in the cot that smelled like mum, maybe that might work, I haven't tried it myself but it's just an idea.
Sign in to follow this topic