Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Change in sleep pattern at four months.....

Change in sleep pattern at four months..... Lock Rss

My little one (4 months old) used to sleep from 7pm to 3am. I would then feed him and he would re-settle until 7am in the morning. Over the past week his sleep patterns have changed. He is now waking at 12.30 and then at 4 - 4.30. I feed him at these times as it only takes 10 minutes and he goes back down within a few minutes. I tried the 10.30pm dreamfeed one night however he still woke at 12.30. Does anyone have any advice. I would like to definately eliminate one feed, if not both. FYI - he is EBF.
Hi indie,

I have a 4 month old aswell, and I have noticed the same in the past week.

He self settles extremely well during the day, however, come 8pm bedtime and forget about it. He cries and cries, so I unwrap him and he is ready to rock on....gooing and gaaing!

He then has a 10pm feed and that one knocks him to sleep and then he gets up at 1.30am and then will sleep through to 7 - 7.30.

Give your baby the 10.30 dreamfeed, if he wakes up at 12.30 you need to resettle him without feeding him. There have been a few nights when my baby woke at 12, then 4 and then 6 in the morning. I rocked him back to sleep (i know thats bad) but I wasnt going to feed him at all those times.

My baby is breastfed aswell. Do you enjoy the breastfeeding? I love it.

Jessica

Sign in to follow this topic