Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

SLEEPING HABBITS Lock Rss

MY DAUGHTER IS 11 MONTHS OLD AND HER SLEEING HABBITS ARE TERRIBLE.
SHE GETS UP @ AROUND 8.30AM THEN HAS A SLEEP AT AROUND 1.30PM TO APPROX 3.00PM THEN STAYS AWAKE UNTIL 6.30 THEN HAS A SLEEP UNTIL ABOUT 9.00PM THEN DOES NOT GO TO BED UNTIL 1AM AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY I AM A SINGLE 17 YEAR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS A BABY WHO WILL NOT GO TO BED UNTIL 1.30AM THEN BY THE TIME SHE GOES TO SLEEP, I PUT HER INTO BED AND I DO MY HOUSEWORK AND WINNED IT IS LIKE 4.00AM THEN IM UP AT LIKE 8AM EVERY MORNING DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO HEAR THEM THANKYOU.

alyssa 17 nsw 11month baby girld

Hi Alyssa, you poor thing that sounds awful!
Has your baby ever had a different routine or has it always been like this?
If this has been going on for awhile then it will probably take a little while to change the habit.
pherhaps you could try putting her down for a sleep at around 10.30am and then push the arvo one back to 2/2.30pm let her sleep until 4pm if she will! then put back the bedtime until 7/7.30 and if she wakes up can you resettle her or give her a quick feed then back to bed or does she get really upset?
Please let me know how you are going and if you want to chat I am happy to, I am a first time mum as well so we all need to help each other.
Ness.
If you'd rather chat through email mine is [email protected]

mum to two gorgeous guys

Hi Alyssa
It sounds like she has a good routine with 2 sleeps etc, you just need to bring them forward like Nessie said. It will be a hard and trying time for you though. Maybe wake her up at 7ish am so that will help bring her first nap time forward a bit? you can not live off 4hrs of sleep.

I don't know about everyone and every mother and baby have different routines but most babies around this age are usually up for 3-4hrs in between naps.

Not much help but my thoughts are with you. Keep up the good work.

Michelle, Mackay, 4yrs & 11mths

ow chicky i'm so sorry to hear this i could only imagain the frustration. Taylah went though a stage of waking every hour on the hour it drove me batty i just persisted with putting her back to bed and not letting her play at all then with in a week or 2 she started sleeping through the night. also try keeping her until 7 pm try leaving her in the bath longer or read a book or play crawl races she just maybe going to bed to late even if you even just move it till 6.45 to start with you'll be amazed. i wish you the best chciky i now it must not be easy.

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

oh my god honey all i can do is offer you lots of sympathy it must be sooo awful for you both
i really hope some of these mummies can help you out
xxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Hi Alyssa,

Maybe you could put you little girl down for one sleep a day, maybe at say 11:30 or 12:00 (after lunch) and keep her up until 8 or 8:30 for her night sleep.

GOODLUCK!
Sign in to follow this topic