Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. sleeping bub on her side

sleeping bub on her side Rss

I'm having a little problem getting bub to sleep lately. After a little bit of crying, a couple of cuddles, bub finally falls asleep on her side. I've been told not to let bub sleep on her side, but when I try and put her on her back she wakes up and we go through the whole thing again. Can I leave her on her side? She's only 3 1/2 months, and not rolling over yet. Does anyone let their bub sleep on their side over night??

Sam and Hayley and bub

my bub was the same so i gave up and she sleeps like a log!!!!
babies naturally find their own comfy positions to sleep in,if we move them to how we want them to sleep well they crack it,i now how concerning it can be but give SIDS a call
they helped me out heaps
xxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Samantha my bub will only sleep on his side also. He hates lying in his back and really i dont blame him! I brought one of those safe and sound snugglers so he could not roll over, it gives me piece of mind that he wont roll over.
Its funny cause only a few years ago SIDS said lay babies on the side not on the back and now they say the opposite????

Kylie NSW, Kade 17 months

Hi Haley, i have a 4 month old son who has only slept on his side.He just wont sleepn his back.I roll up two hand towels and wedge one either side of him, so he cant roll onto his tummy.This gives me peace of mind during the night.Hope this helps.Good luck.

Vickie
SA

vickie,sa,8week old

Hi Samantha
We started sleeping Callum on his side from about 3 months, and he slept much deeper because of it. He is now 9 months, starts off awake on his back when we put him down, and he rolls himself on to his side when he wants to sleep. When he was little, we used a rolled up bunny rug to stop him from rolling back (when he rolled back he woke up!) and it wasn't until about 6 months of age when he started to wriggle around.
We found the side a much better way to get him to sleep too.
Good luck!
I also have my daughter sleep on her side and she definately sleeps much better. i have just started her on her back and when she stirs at 45mins I roll her on her back and she will continue to sleep for much longer. I also reccommend the Safe and sound antiroll which we take to mothers group so she can sleep anywhere and i am safe in the knowledge that she is not sleeping on her back. The midwives in hospital were the ones who would bring her back from the nursey on her side. They told me it helps them to bring up an milk or wind if lying on thier sides.

Kate, WA

I use to worry when Jaye use to sleep on her side and tummy but when I did wake her up it use to take 2 hours to get her back to sleep so in the end I ask my GP and she said that if im comfortable about it and that Jaye sleeps fine and just check on her during the night than she couldnt see the problem but babys a just like us they choise which way they like to sleep.

Now I let Jaye sleep anyway she like and I just check on her and make sure she is okay and comfortable as well.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic