Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. why do they change????

why do they change???? Rss

I've got a 15 week old bub and about 4 weeks ago we'd finally sorted out the dreaded bedtime routine. We'd have a bath, have a feed, hang for a little while and as soon as she started to get tired we'd pop her in bed. Maybe have to go in 2 or 3 times to pop the dummy back in then she was asleep.....But now, over the last few days that just isn't happening anymore. Every time I put her in the cot she just cries. I know she only wants attention and to be held cause she stops as soon as I pick her up. I don't want to use controlled crying (nothing against those who do, just not my thing) but am running out of ideas...and patience. I've tried wrapping her, putting her on her side... Made sure she's had a good burp and has a clean nappy. Is it just a growth spurt?? I don't think she's teething yet... Any ideas???

Sam and Hayley and bub

I think if you could answer that question, you would be able to make a million bucks - lol.

I think you are right, it could be any-thing from teething, separation anxiety, growth spurt, comfort, habbit or even as simple as being scared of the dark.

I didn't think DD was teething till one popped out at 12 weeks, a nice little suprise - lol. Their teeth can move for months before popping out, that seem to really irritate some babies. I can see why a lot of people put most changes down to teething, as its so hard to know what else it could be.

To me, it sounds like you are doing every-thing perfectly. You are doing the whole trial and error thing, hopefully you will come across some-thing that works - until your bub up and changes again - lol.

I don't recommend control crying before 6 months, didn't use it until 10 months myself - not some-thing I originally agree'd with either. Best of luck darling, I am sure things will settle down soon.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic