Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

day sleeps Rss

my ds is 10 and a half mths and i just dont know how much day sleep he needs.
he gives me all the signs he is tired and i put him in his cot and he wont go down.wot am i getting wrong?
Between 9-12 months total sleep requirement is 14-15hrs in 24hrs. Generally it is 11-11.5hrs at night and 3-4hrs during the day. Awake time for this age is generally 3-3.75hrs before naps and bedtime.
How long is your baby up before you put him down for a sleep?
My DD does:

6.30/45am - Wake
Nap 9.30/45am - First nap of 1.5-2hrs so 3hrs awake before nap.
Lunch
2.30pm - Nap 1-1.5hrs nap awake time 3.15-3.5hrs
Bedtime - 7.30am (sometimes a bit earlier if PM nap was crapy) so awake time generally 3.5-3.75hrs

I find her awake time gets longer as the day goes on.

2 Perfect Girls Catherine7/8/05 & Mirelle17/10/07

Hey Rochelle - the day sleep thing has been a bit frustrating. For some time there, DD refused to have an afternoon nap (morning nap has always been pretty good). I was thinking about going to just one day nap, then, out of the blue, DD starts to have a bigger morning nap (like 3 hours) and a 1.5-2 hour afternoon nap with no dramas !!! I just don't get it - maybe growth spurts or that she was crook after immunisation or buggered as so active - who knows !!!

I'm really finding the day nap thing a bit tricky to keep ontop of, or more so, to make a decision. I can't complain though, its been rather handy her having so much sleep in the day as I can get things done, as well as spend a bit of time doing what I enjoy.

How are things going with yoru DS?

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Sign in to follow this topic