Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. AARRGGHHH!! 6 mth keeps waking up excatly same time every night.

AARRGGHHH!! 6 mth keeps waking up excatly same time every night. Lock Rss

Hi all
I have a beautiful DD who is 6 mths.
Her usual routine at night is bottle at 6.30pm, then bed at 7 which she goes down real easy. then another bottle around 10.30/11ish then she wakes up spot on 2.30am for another bottle, straight back to sleep and then can wake form anytime from 5.30onwards to start the day.
My problem is that (i know its our fault but it was just easier) but when she wakes at 2.30 she will only go back to sleep after a bottle. Ive tried patting, cuddling everything but she can be awake for up to 2 hours but I know as soon as she has a bottle she falls straight back to sleep. Sometimes she could have just had a bottle at 1am but still wont sleep without a bottle and still wakes up at 2.30am.
I really want her to not want a bottle at 230 and sleep thru. I am just getting so tired especailly when she wakes so early in the morning. Plus she isnt the best sleeper during the day. She only sleeps for 45 min at a time during the day.

any advice would be great. Sorry for the long rant....
With the 10.30pm feed, is that a dream feed or does she wake up for that too?

If its a dream feed, then perhaps stop doing them to see if she will go straight from 7pm to 2.30am?

Another option is to perhaps try putting her to bed 15-30 minutes later that might help to shift her body clock?

Sorry I havent get any more tips as I only have a 4.5 month old and she started sleeping through from 10 weeks on her own.

Good luck, maybe other ladies might have more advice.
Have u started solids? perhaps she would sleep better if she has a solid feed before her bottle to go to bed
I hear you! My DS was doing the same thing!! They have a growth spurt at 6months, so it's highly likely that she does still need that bottle. Otherwise, try solids & if she's already on them, just increase them a little. I'm a firm believer in doing whatever it takes to get your bubbies back to sleep in the quickest way possible overnight, so if that means giving a bottle, so be it!! I know I certainly didn't have the patience to try & enforce something like that overnight. I was a better mummy because I was getting more sleep by giving DS what he needed rather than fighting with him. And it was by no means giving into him! It's just what worked for us. He was still having a bottle overnight until 11months, then he just stopped on his own. Please don't stress too much about giving your DD bottles overnight. Every baby is different & some just need it. And if it's for comfort, does it really matter?? It didn't to us & now we have a fabulous sleeper (& believe me, he was a nightmare for many many months!!). Hang in there - she's still only young & like I said earlier, that 6month growth spurt is a big one!!

I hear you! My DS was doing the same thing!! They have a growth spurt at 6months, so it's highly likely that she does still need that bottle. Otherwise, try solids & if she's already on them, just increase them a little. I'm a firm believer in doing whatever it takes to get your bubbies back to sleep in the quickest way possible overnight, so if that means giving a bottle, so be it!! I know I certainly didn't have the patience to try & enforce something like that overnight. I was a better mummy because I was getting more sleep by giving DS what he needed rather than fighting with him. And it was by no means giving into him! It's just what worked for us. He was still having a bottle overnight until 11months, then he just stopped on his own. Please don't stress too much about giving your DD bottles overnight. Every baby is different & some just need it. And if it's for comfort, does it really matter?? It didn't to us & now we have a fabulous sleeper (& believe me, he was a nightmare for many many months!!). Hang in there - she's still only young & like I said earlier, that 6month growth spurt is a big one!!

Hi again
Yes we have started solids but she only seems to feed well at breeky time and dinner she doesnt seem to eat much.
The 10.30 feed I go in and stir her a little and give her the bottle. I have also gone without giving it to her but she still seem to wake anytime between 10ish and 1.30ish.
Last night she woke at 2.30 and I sat with her untill 4.20 patting her, holding her even laying on the lounge trying to put her to sleep but nothing.. I finally gave in and gave her a bottle and she fell alseep straight away. We didnt give her her 1030 feed but she woke up at 12.40 for it. And I was thinkin g230 was too close for her next feed.

Thanks for all of your advice..
Sign in to follow this topic