Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Getting 11 month old twins to sleep !!

Getting 11 month old twins to sleep !! Rss

Hi i'm a mother of boy/girl twins who are 11 & a 1/2 months old.
Up until the last 3 or 4 weeks they were both excellent sleepers sleeping 10-12 hours a night!!
They have both been sick on & off for a month so not sure if this is a reason why they are not sleeping as well?
They are going to bed at 10pm most nights which in my opinion is to late for babies to be awake, and it gets quite stressful as i have no time to myself!
My son once he is asleep generally stays asleep til the morning, but my daughter on the other hand will wake up hourly and the only way she will quieten down and go to sleep is if i put her in the bed with my partner & i...i don't want this to become a habit but has been happening for the past 2 weeks.
I have been trying my best to do controlled crying but with an unsupportive partner who gets angry everytime they cry & tells me to go pick them up, this is proving difficult...they are also in the same bedroom as we only have a 2br house, which makes it even more difficult as my son will usually go to sleep first, & i don't want my daughter to wake him up.
Has anyone got any ideas on how i get get there sleeping routine back to normal? is there any other twin mums out there?
Thanks
Hi there,

My partner's Mum created a sleeping product called the Sleepwrap by Safe T Sleep. Have you heard of it? It has shown great success in providing a better night sleep for the whole family. Babies like the swaddling feeling! Check out www.safesleepsolutions.com

Any questions, let us know =0)

All the best

Hi i'm a mother of boy/girl twins who are 11 & a 1/2 months old.
Up until the last 3 or 4 weeks they were both excellent sleepers sleeping 10-12 hours a night!!
They have both been sick on & off for a month so not sure if this is a reason why they are not sleeping as well?
They are going to bed at 10pm most nights which in my opinion is to late for babies to be awake, and it gets quite stressful as i have no time to myself!
My son once he is asleep generally stays asleep til the morning, but my daughter on the other hand will wake up hourly and the only way she will quieten down and go to sleep is if i put her in the bed with my partner & i...i don't want this to become a habit but has been happening for the past 2 weeks.
I have been trying my best to do controlled crying but with an unsupportive partner who gets angry everytime they cry & tells me to go pick them up, this is proving difficult...they are also in the same bedroom as we only have a 2br house, which makes it even more difficult as my son will usually go to sleep first, & i don't want my daughter to wake him up.
Has anyone got any ideas on how i get get there sleeping routine back to normal? is there any other twin mums out there?
Thanks

hi there im a mother 2 fraternal twin boys mine r the same they dont go to sleep until 10pm i just play with them until they r really tired i know its tiring for urself but for me it works... my boys r 1 yr old now and they r getting into a routine thanks mrs kumar
Sign in to follow this topic