Hi all

Just wanted to post a note saying that if you need sleep school (correct name Mother & Baby Unit) I HIGHLY reccomend South Eastern Private in Melbourne.

I was at my wits end and my health nurse suggested SE or Masada. I rang both on the Tuesday, Masada said they would call me back (did not even speak to anyone) and SE went over the probs on the phone, arranged for my GP to get a fax referral and had me in there for the 5 day stay the following Monday.

They were FANTASTIC!!! They looked after me as well as the baby and when I left on the saterday I felt like a new Mum - full of confidence and with a baby who actually started to like sleeping. They had a custom built unit for the babies and mums and excellent facilities which included a lounge, dining and Kitchen for Mother Baby unit only. Masada chuck you in with maternity patients.

When I got home, My DH advised Masada returned my call (finally) 10 days after I left a message. When you have sleep problems, this 10 days is the difference between sanity and insanity. Masada advised on the message that they would need a $250 deposit and waiting list was about 6 - 8 weeks. I know alot of mums out there are like "Oh, Masada is where I had the baby, they are fantastic" blah blah blah, but in my experience, they are very over rated. Their facilities are 40 years old and they are not purpose built.

So, in conclusion, if you are on the Masada waiting list and going insane, ring South Eastern Private. You might lose your deposit (I find that you have to pay one when you have Private Health insurance is disgusting of them) but you will get in quicker and the SE team are excellent.

Good Luck!!!

Kylie