Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 2 year old waking in night

2 year old waking in night Lock Rss

Hi we have 3 girls and our middle child is and always has been a terrible sleeper. We have been to QEII in Canberra and they were great (but just didin't work). We have now got her to the point of going to sleep by her self (shares room with older sister) but during the night she will wake 3-4 times screaming and will not resettle unless my husband or I sleep with her. She does have some dietry issues but I think we are getting those under control. We are tired and stressed out PLEASE any comments or suggestions would be so warmly received.
Thanks
Hi,

I can't offer any advice but just wanted to sympathise! We are in the same position with our 2.5 yr old DS. He goes to sleep ok on his own but has been waking 3-4 times a night too. He also won't go back to sleep without DH or I laying next to him. He has never been a great sleeper and we are struggling with his eating also.

So I guess I am adding my plea to yours for advice please! We desperately need to sort this out before our second bub arrives in April, and we are exhausted!
Hi, I am also in the same situation with my two and a half year old. She won't go to sleep and then when she finally does, she wakes up during the night and screams because she wants to sleep in my bed. I have just discovered that if I put relaxation music on for her to go to sleep, she is much better and is getting out of bed much less but during the night when she wakes...?????? I don't know what to do anymore?????? Do I let her sleep in my bed or am I starting a bad habit that will be even harder to break????? I sympathise with you both. It's so exhausting. My daughter has also decided she doesn't want a day nap anymore so I am finding the whole sleeping situation a nightmare at the moment. No advice unfortunately, just good to know we're not on our own. smile

Hi, I am also in the same situation with my two and a half year old. She won't go to sleep and then when she finally does, she wakes up during the night and screams because she wants to sleep in my bed. I have just discovered that if I put relaxation music on for her to go to sleep, she is much better and is getting out of bed much less but during the night when she wakes...?????? I don't know what to do anymore?????? Do I let her sleep in my bed or am I starting a bad habit that will be even harder to break????? I sympathise with you both. It's so exhausting. My daughter has also decided she doesn't want a day nap anymore so I am finding the whole sleeping situation a nightmare at the moment. No advice unfortunately, just good to know we're not on our own. smile
Sign in to follow this topic