Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. baby waking up soaked - anyone alse get this

baby waking up soaked - anyone alse get this Rss

I don't know if anyone else has been having trouble with this but just about every night my 8 month old boy wakes up soaked.
I have gone up in the size of his nappies from crawler to walker for night time use and it still happens (they are on properly and his penis is pointing down).
Most times this is halfway through the night around midnight, so its not like he's getting extra urine from a feed in the night. which is what I usually have to do to get him back to sleep as he is wide awake from getting completely redressed.
Lately I have been changing him when he wakes up even when dry but I hate doing this as it wakes him up even more and then once again I can't get him back to sleep.
Wouldn't it be great if Huggies made a nighttime nappie that you only had to change in the morning?
Does anyone else get this problem?

Kristy

Is it definetly the nappy?
Could your bub be sweating?
A couple of times Max has been soaked and it has been 'cause he was sweating.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

mum to two gorgeous guys

Well I used to have this problem too but some clever gals from this very website told me about these things called "Nappy Mates" I think was the name. They're like these big attractive, surf board looking pads that you add to their nappy LOL.
Apparently you can only get them from Woolies/safeway.
Hope you can get hold of some, they certainly saved me some worry and some washing!
Good Luck

Laura DS July 03, DD Oct 05, DD Nov 08

Sign in to follow this topic