Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

where did i go wrong Rss

my dd is 4mths she has gone from sleeping 11 -9 hrs straight to waking every 3 hrs any tips pplease

my dd is 4mths she has gone from sleeping 11 -9 hrs straight to waking every 3 hrs any tips pplease

Your child sounds like they have reached a developmental milestone...when mine did this at a similar age, it lasted for about a month! You have done nothing wrong...I hope it ends soon, good luck!
mine too!!!!!!!! very hungry too feeding heaps every time......
All Kids develop at their own pace. She is 4months so you can expect more awake time.

My guess is that she in hungry. Give her more formula/boob.

Speak with yr Maternity Health Nurse, she will be able to give you some help/ideas.

I would suggest you ask her when she would reccommend you start feeding her solids.

x Lindie
my ds would literally wake every 20 mins and i had 3 yrs of that i had him at sleep clinics peads ect to no avail . i am scared that this will happen again. she does just want a feed when she is up then goes straight back down but she only feeds for a few mins so i try to wake her to have a full feed and she will just keep feeding on and off for a few minutes. so i think she is more waking coz i am not with her i tried to get her to self settle last night at 130 after half hour i gave in . it just took me 40 mins of self settleing to get her to sleep just then she was cracking so every few mins i went in and tried to soothe her and picked her up 2 x just coz she was so wound up
just thought i would add she dont sleep much or for long during day prob 15mins most
hi ri ri,
My 7 month old has just started waking heaps to. and like you other child was up all night until he was nearly 4. And i am so scared this is all going to happen again. My 7mth old was sleeping through from around 8 weeks which is just a miracle for me because the others never did it until they were about 4yrs. So i will keep reading your post and hopefully i will get some help from it too.
your 4mth old could be teething, that may be unsettling him?

hi ri ri,
My 7 month old has just started waking heaps to. and like you other child was up all night until he was nearly 4. And i am so scared this is all going to happen again. My 7mth old was sleeping through from around 8 weeks which is just a miracle for me because the others never did it until they were about 4yrs. So i will keep reading your post and hopefully i will get some help from it too.
your 4mth old could be teething, that may be unsettling him?

maybe we can both get some zzzzz laugh
she does have lil tooth just poking thru but its not bothering her i think its the attatchment thing?
i am gonna try and catch it whilst it is early and avoid situation like my ds apparently once they hit 6mths its harder to treat
HI Ri Ri,
You have done nothing wrong. My little girl did exactly the same thing. From 3 months she was sleeping 9-11 hours overnight and I was THRILLLED. Then at 4 months she started waking up every 4 hours overnight. However, she is now 5 months and for the past few nights she has slept 12 hours without waking.

You are doing a great job!
Teeth maybe?

HI Ri Ri,
You have done nothing wrong. My little girl did exactly the same thing. From 3 months she was sleeping 9-11 hours overnight and I was THRILLLED. Then at 4 months she started waking up every 4 hours overnight. However, she is now 5 months and for the past few nights she has slept 12 hours without waking.

You are doing a great job!

thank u i hope she settles down again like your dd did
I actually found my BF milk was not keeping up with bubs needs...I worked out that if I gave him a top up at night (bottle of formula after last BF) he started to sleep through. I started with 150ml (and he drank the lot!) after a few days he gradually went down to 100ml on his own...then after a month he did not wake for it and was satisfied with just BF milk. I am guessing my supply at that point had corrected itself.

I know I am now going to be bombarded with negative views, but it worked for me!

Why did I not express to increase my supply? Well I had a crying baby for over a week and was considerably sleep deprived. He also refused to drink expressed BF milk.
Sign in to follow this topic