Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Rolling over in there sleep!!

Rolling over in there sleep!! Lock Rss

My dd is 5 months old and has started the worse habit that totally freaks me out!
I put her and her twin brother down for the night in separate cots and when I walk in a hour or two later she is on her tummy with her head half flat on the mattress like you can see a bit of her nose I hope you no what I mean I'm so paranoid of her suffocating I have started putting them in sleep suits since they both rip the blankets up and put them over there heads!!
Does any one have any ideas on how to stop her rolling at night or am I being over protective?
I have tried a sleep positioner but she wiggled out or just rolls over the side of it.
I'd say it is ok. She is just a tummy sleeper.
You could try putting her to sleep on her tummy with her head to the side instead of straight down.
If she is strong enough to roll on to her tummy with all the barriers you're putting up, I'm sure she would be able to turn her head if she was having trouble breathing. Babies have a pretty good survival instinct.

https://www.huggies.com.au/forum/topic/2646234-sleeping-on-tummy/

with my ds he always slept on his side from birth (dr put him on his side in hospital as he was a bit snotty and said it was just a little amniotic fluid and being on his side it would help). So he got used to this and always slept on his side til he worked out he could roll onto his stomach. From then on he has slept on his stomach and is now 7 and still does. So i dont think you should worry about it if she is comfortable let her go
Once they are able to roll over themselves I thin it's ok. There are no loose blankets so she'll be fine DS2 rolls over on to his stomach all the time. I haven't worried about it as much the second time round. I remember when DS1 started doing that I went and bought one of those Safe-T-Sleep things but I found that he was strong enough to roll over anyway and he would get tangled up.
Thank you for putting mind at ease the way we are meant to sleep our babies has changed so much over the years lol
But you guys are right if she feels comfortable on her tummy I should let her go and try not to worry I have a massive fear of SIDS have since I had my first. I no that is what is making me paranoid about the way she sleeps

My dd is 5 months old and has started the worse habit that totally freaks me out!
I put her and her twin brother down for the night in separate cots and when I walk in a hour or two later she is on her tummy with her head half flat on the mattress like you can see a bit of her nose I hope you no what I mean I'm so paranoid of her suffocating I have started putting them in sleep suits since they both rip the blankets up and put them over there heads!!
Does any one have any ideas on how to stop her rolling at night or am I being over protective?
I have tried a sleep positioner but she wiggled out or just rolls over the side of it.

Just leave her. She is obviously more comfortable like that so just leave her alone. My DS slept on his tummy just fine and every time i put him down on his back he would roll straight over from 4 months old and stay there. Now at 9 months he sleeps in the strangest positions and i cant for the life of me think its comfortable, but it must be too him.
Sign in to follow this topic