Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What time do you (or have you) put a 3 month old to bed?

What time do you (or have you) put a 3 month old to bed? Lock Rss

[size="4"]Plus she is a terribly feeder (cant handle my flow)
[/quote]
[size="3"][/size]
Hey, I had flow problems too with my 1st DD- flow too fast-choked bub. My dr. told me to attach, then feed lying down on my back. Excess runs out the sides and down your chest instead. As the 'let down' eases off, you can gradually sit up- sometimes 1/2 way through a feed. Its tricky but it worked.[/size]
My DD is 3 months old too... I try to have her down by 8:30pm at the lastest. She wakes from her last "day" time nap at around 7ish... she then has a bottle, a bath & then a little bit of boob to send her off to sleep. Don't think she's ever been up later then 8:30pm. She usually sleeps through until 6:00am which is when we start our day but sometimes she will wake for a 4:00am feed then sleeps until about 8:30am. I also have friends who don't have much of a routine & I just don't know how they do it!! I like knowing that once she is down for the night I can gets lots of things done & have some much needed alone time with DP!!
sorry to interrupt the forum but this is my first day on these and first time pregnant what is dd and ds?? thanks smile

sorry to interrupt the forum but this is my first day on these and first time pregnant what is dd and ds?? thanks smile

Darling daughter, darling son?
I know a colleague whose 1st daughter slept religiously from 12am till 12 noon daily. Their second sleeps 10pm to 10am daily. The baby gets lots of night sleep an they get some "me time". I don't believe in hard fast rules. There are a lot of reasons to get babies to bed earlier eg: 7pm due to the way sleep cycles work, but I also believe in going with what works. If you want routine and structure, implement it. If you're happy to go with the flow, then do so. Each parent is different, as is each baby and babies change as they develop. Just when you think you've got a routine, they change it due to teething or something else. For me, we implemented a rough bedtime routine with our #1 quite late (being new to the "game") but eventually got to about 7.30-8pm, but sometimes as late as 9.30pm. She still woke through the night regularly, however, until 18 months. We are just starting a rough night routine with #2 now who is 7 weeks but I am open to go with the flow as well since she's not showing set clockwork behaviour for naps, feeds or sleeps yet at her tender age.
My bub is 14 weeks and goes down 9pm everynight and sleeps 10-11 hours then wakes up and has a fed and change and goes back to sleep till bout midday. lol she loves her sleep. smile
Sign in to follow this topic