Hi all!
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone before or if anyone has any ideas on how to get around this issue im having.
My DD is 3 1/2 months old and has been a fantastic sleeper. She self settles and goes to sleep no worries, and has always slept really well during the day, and has slept through the night since 4 wks old. I wrap her for bed and she has a dummy.
All of a sudden starting roughly 3 weeks ago, i would put her down for her sleep during the day awake and she would go to sleep by herself no worries, but then would wake after only an hour of sleep, crying. I try settling her in the cot but she would just cry harder. So i pick her up and she snuggles in still sobbing, but no matter how hard i try, i cant get her back to sleep. This happens with all of her sleeps during the day, and by the end of the day she is just so over tired and unsettled. Then when i put her to bed for the night at 7pm, she sleeps 40mins, wakes up crying just like during the day, but i can pick her up and she settles instantly and goes straight back to sleep, and will then sleep through the night until 7am the next morning. Only the past few days, the day sleeps have been getting shorter... they are now only 30 to 40 min long!