Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Putting 18month old to sleep

Putting 18month old to sleep Rss

Hi my boy is nearly 18months, and I have tried everything to put him to sleep, he used to be a good little sleeper, however it changed. I have read and tried the Save our sleep routines, however they just do not seem to work, how long can you possibly let one cry for. I am expecting I am 32 weeks, and am exhausted, he seems to sleep through most nights, but it just takes sooooo long some nights to get him to sleep, has anyone has the same problems.

Thankyou

Sarah

flowers

Do you have a husband that can back you up?? if so...

When our DS was in a cot we would put him in and then both turn our backs. DS would cry and get up, then one of us would without speaking gently put him back in and then turn again. We took turns doing this and after a few weeks we had got to sitting at the door then we were able to just put him in bed and walk out. Because he had learnt that we wouldnt abandon him, that we would be there and we were both on board and couldnt be played.

We also at hard times do this with him in a big bed now by sitting by the door and following the same routine.

Hope this is helpful smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Hi my boy is nearly 18months, and I have tried everything to put him to sleep, he used to be a good little sleeper, however it changed. I have read and tried the Save our sleep routines, however they just do not seem to work, how long can you possibly let one cry for. I am expecting I am 32 weeks, and am exhausted, he seems to sleep through most nights, but it just takes sooooo long some nights to get him to sleep, has anyone has the same problems.

Thankyou

Sarah

Hi. I did have this problem with ds2. I found something in save our sleep about the lay down technique?? It involved me laying him down every time he would stand up in the cot when I put him to bed and after that go out and after a timeframe if he was still crying going in and placing my hand on his back with no eye contact and no words. This is from memory (not a very great memory)
I have leant my book out so I can't confirm the details but maybe see if you can find something like that in your book.
The first night he cried for the maximum time and I had to go in but the next night, no crying. He did start again a few nights later just to test me but one night and that was it.....no more bedtime crap!
The save our sleep facebook page members are great advice givers too.
Best of luck
Shelley
Sign in to follow this topic